Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Toni Gardemeister

Whats happened to him? I thought he did a really good job in 2005 considoring he was in a 2004 car and had very little testing. I really like him and he always seemed to get the best out of average cars such as the skoda or when he drove some old private 206's. I don't understand why he was dropped by Ford does anyone know ? as I thought he would of been a good partner for Gronholm and he deserves a change in a top compettitve car IMO.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    He finished 7th in Rally Germany in a private Citroen Xsara WRC.
    It would be good if he has a full works drive next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only reason that Ford dropped Toni was because neither driver won a rally in the 2005 season. The focus has won a least one rally every year (excluding 2005)
    Come on Subaru, sort it out!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, Gardemeister has some great potential. There are rumors that Mitsubishi will pick him up as a works driver but he might actually be with Suzuki now. Either way, he deserves a seat in a works car. If he were a little more consistent, I'm certain he could be a world champion.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom
    Yeah, Gardemeister has some great potential. There are rumors that Mitsubishi will pick him up as a works driver
    I doubt that. Strong and reliable rumours claim that Mitsu aren't gonna join WRC for a long time due to financial problems. Actually most claim that we saw the last Mitsu WRC car in New Zealand in the hands on Urma Aava.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom
    Yeah, Gardemeister has some great potential. There are rumors that Mitsubishi will pick him up as a works driver but he might actually be with Suzuki now. Either way, he deserves a seat in a works car. If he were a little more consistent, I'm certain he could be a world champion.

Mitsubishi ????????????
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that gard is a very good driver, but he his not a "top gun". He was ford's number one and couln'd get any victory. He is capable of being on the podium in almost any rally, but hardly can win any. I remember him doing very good in 2005, very consistent, but never strong enough for any win, so he might deserve a drive on the top teams but not as number one driver.
    mdesign 0_o

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdesign
    I think that gard is a very good driver, but he his not a "top gun". He was ford's number one and couln'd get any victory. He is capable of being on the podium in almost any rally, but hardly can win any. I remember him doing very good in 2005, very consistent, but never strong enough for any win, so he might deserve a drive on the top teams but not as number one driver.
    I think it wouldn't have been fair to expect victories from Toni with a Focus that was getting old. That Focus in 2005 was totally different car than 2006 model. Toni was competitive in some tarmac races that suited well for old Focus, but he wasn't (and never will be) able to compete against Loeb. In my opinion he did really good job finishing 2nd in Monte and TdC.

Toni is probably not the best guy to develop a car, maybe that's why Ford dropped him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Me, too! I think Garde is a very good driver. He may not be the fastest but good reliable 2nd driver, and I defintitely think Garde deserves one of the works seat. I really hope Suzuki or somebody else will sign him!
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Garde is clearly the best of those drivers avilable, in my opinion there is only 3 free drivers worth a worksseat at the moment, Garde, Duval and Latvala if all theese 3 guys would drive a full season the one who would have the most points in my opinion would be Garde with clear margin.
    Aja kovaa Pena.