Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsb 2008

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    I hope Checa can move to the WSB, because he has shown some speed in the last GP's. On a private Honda, he did a better performance then as example Capirossi and Edwards on their factory bikes. He has so much experience and I think he can do a good job by Honda in the WSB next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chubby Checa had more than enough opportunities on Factory GP bikes and never made full use of them. Ten Kate would have been far better to sign Andrew Pitt (who has had a distinct lack of opportunity) to their superbike and promoted a young rider to their supersport program alongside Charpentier in my opinion. But good luck to Carlos, he always seems to land on his feet doesn't he?
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder why? Its all that talent *cough* sponsors *cough* and pure dedication to being a world champion *cough* money *cough*

For what its worth, I agree with you Clint, although Pitt is riding for Ten Kate WSS next year if thats any consolation.. I think he'll be champion, then move to WSBK the year after to finish some business with the likes of Yamaha WSBK and Mr Corser
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Pedercini will drop Ducati for 2008 and use 07 factory Kawasaki ZX-10Rs, they will also help PSG-1 with development of the bike. IMHO with Kawasaki increasing its involvement next season they are trying to get more bikes out there to speed up development.

Interesting sidenote, Pedercini are running a 1098s at superstock this season so they know the bike, does this mean they think that 1000cc 4s will be better than private entered 1098s?

they don't say how many bikes they will run next season and there is no mention of Dean Ellison

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=5&id=154701
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do not believe Pedercini have made a decision based on the 4 being better than the twin.

I believe Kawasaki need/want a partner and Pedercini were going to struggle with little/no factory support from Ducati.

Perhaps this gives Pedercini a life line in WSB with some factory support.

Its great to see Kawasaki stepping up.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Crazy Rumor of the Day: BMW Plans To Field Alex Hofmann In 2008 World Superbike Series

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=30342

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe thats why he called it quits (not literally) during the race for D'Antin, has he allready signed a deal?
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    MV Agusta in SBK may not happen though.

In an interview a few weeks ago Foggy explains how he is willing to honor the SBK paddock with his presence yet no-one is willing to give him the money to do it. And that despite wasting Petronas' money for 4 seasons with very little results

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegrap...1667897.0..php

seriously though I don't think MV Agusta will be in SBK next season. Apparently the sale of Husqvarna to BMW didn't help as much as expected and resources are now focused on production.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The rest is fine, I just don't too much agree on the shape of the muffler of that Kawasaki exhaust system. I have hot coffee container looking similar with it

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    PSG-1 confirmed that Nieto wont be riding for them next season.

3rd Alstare Suzuki then?