Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsb 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wsb 2008

News of next years WSB is just starting to come to fruition now with a few signings like Fabrizio and Kiyo coming through. Also Kawasaki have released a couple of images of the 2008 ZX10R that will be their Superbike weapon.

I love it and hope it goes as good as it looks. It would be great to see them as a contender again.
    Also, there are some rumoured photos of the new Honda Fireblade.

That is possibly the worst looking sportsbike I've ever seen if it is genuine. They woiuld probably win lots of races though as their riders would be keen to get off the racethrack as soon as possible due to embarassment of the 'Blade!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 'Blade pics appeared online when Honda announced the release of a number of new and updated models for 2008, but were hastily pulled within an hour. The text of the model information completely omitted any mention of a new Fireblade, so someone screwed up. Look for it to be 'officially' released at some stage, but let's hope they restyle it first

Love the Kawasaki!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    its obvious the designers of the new fireblade drew their inspiration from the RC212V (engine exposed, rear) and somehow managed to turn the CBR1000RR from one of the best looking bikes to one of the ugliest.

even if the pics appeared accidentally I hope Honda sees people's reaction to them and restyle the bike.

Kawasaki looks nice, both bikes now have side exhausts, shame, I liked underseat exhausts.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carlos checks into Ten Kate

Seems Carlos Checa has secured what will be the 3rd and final position at Ten Kate WSB.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154532.htm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Seems Carlos Checa has secured what will be the 3rd and final position at Ten Kate WSB.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154532.htm
    Really uninspired signing that. I would rather see him bring money to DFX and help make them more competitive and see Barros return with Klaffi if the old men of MotoGP are to join WSB rather than taking the plumb factory rides. At least that would bolster the depth of the series.
    I am really hoping for a changing of the guard over the next few years, similar to what MotoGP has witnessed in the past couple of seasons. The likes of Bayliss, Corser, Haga, Kagayama, Xaus and Laconi will likely be gone over the next 1-3 seasons and I would hate to see them replaced by MotoGP has-beens.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andrew Pitt signs with Ten Kate

Andrew Pitt has also signed with Ten Kate and is yet to confirm if he will ride WSS or WSB.

It is a two year deal with a performance clause after one year.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...stenkatehonda/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Checa's a decent signing because Ten Kate will be developing a brand new bike. No point sticking inexperienced kids on it and shouting at them when they can't find a setup.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    I think Checa's a decent signing because Ten Kate will be developing a brand new bike. No point sticking inexperienced kids on it and shouting at them when they can't find a setup.
    I like the way you think except for one thing, Checa has a 15 year history in GP and the odd race here nor there on Superbike.

May as well have thrown Neil Hodgson at the bike, at the least he has local knowledge.

WSB need to be careful they do not become GP's dumping ground.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WSB need to be careful they do not become GP's dumping ground.
    You mean they're not??? LOL

I don't mind Charly joining WSB. I remember reading that he tries to take his modified R1 to each round and in downtime gets it out on the track for a fang. Respect He might prove to be pretty handy on a Superbike...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another rumour I've heard is that Honda want somebody who's quick and experienced to win the Suzuka 8 hours next year. They think Checa's their man, so they'd like him to have loads of experience on a Superbike before then. Should do better than Toseland when he turned it into the "Suzuka 6 minute".