Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MotoGP Round 3: Estoril

So it's already the third round of the championship on the slowest track: Estoril. It will be the first round where not has been tested, what does that mean for Lorenzo, will he be able to do as good on a track he hasn't ridden a 800 bike before?
    And how about the tyres? This is the first round where not has been tested, so that will mean that the choosing-tyre-on-thursday rule will see if Rossi had got it right to change to Bridgestones.. Last year Bridgestone was miles away on this point, how will it be now?
    Bring on some action, and an exciting race please
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Estoril has produced excellent races for at least the last two years (if not more, I can't remember 2005 - did Barros run away with that one?) so I think the odds are good for a nail bitter of a race.

Sadly I don't think Elias will be mixxing it up at the front this time. Dani, Rossi and Stoner with perhaps Hayden and Edwards (if he gets the new engine) all have a strong shot at a podium. Who will be on top step is anyone's guess ( as long as you don't guess Edwards ).

I think Lorenzo will also be strong but not strong enough. If he gets pole again I might have to start liking him.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Lorenzo will also be strong but not strong enough. If he gets pole again I might have to start liking him.[/QUOTE]

Oh no Ryan, don't cross over to the Dark Side
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You couldn't go to the "other" side could you really!!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    Sadly I don't think Elias will be mixxing it up at the front this time.
    That 2006 race was just about the best race I've ever seen - any category.

The 2007 race was also pretty damn good, so I'm looking forward to this race.

Bets in:
    Pole: Pedrosa

Win: Rossi
    2nd: Lorenzo
    3rd: Stoner

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Tech 3 gets the pneumatic this round (I think), Yamaha may be very dominant if Michelin gets the tyres right

BTW, does anyone know when HRC will start giving the 2008 bike to the other teams?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, I don't know. What I do know, is that Honda will test a pneumatic engine on monday.. (for Hayden and Pedrosa only)
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    BTW, does anyone know when HRC will start giving the 2008 bike to the other teams?
    HRC won't give the 08 bike to anyone until Dani has a strong lead in the championship. Best bet is everyone will get the 08 machine in 09.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That sounds about right Ryan. I can't see Honda giving the riders this bike for the race until it's proven to be faster and more reliable. Sure, they will test it out, but as for the race, I think they will stick with what is working for them at the moment.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    HRC won't give the 08 bike to anyone until Dani has a strong lead in the championship. Best bet is everyone will get the 08 machine in 09.
    IMHO they should at least give the bike to 1 or 2 other riders, they could take points away from Rossi and Stoner.

Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    That sounds about right Ryan. I can't see Honda giving the riders this bike for the race until it's proven to be faster and more reliable. Sure, they will test it out, but as for the race, I think they will stick with what is working for them at the moment.
    I'm talking about the 08 bike, not the pneumatic engine. The new bike is definitely better and faster as seen by the results so far. Its also much better looking with the longer tail and underseat exhaust
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...