Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    2008 is still a test year for Suzuki! Ho will pay for being a test driver?
    If a driver belive in his own skills why not? If you look at Ford, Subaru, Citroen, all teams has relatively young drivers and it will take time to get a permanent seat from any of those but driving Suzuki even if you would have to pay, you would have 1 foot already inside the team, it only would be up to you self to convince the team of your skills.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    If a driver belive in his own skills why not? If you look at Ford, Subaru, Citroen, all teams has relatively young drivers and it will take time to get a permanent seat from any of those but driving Suzuki even if you would have to pay, you would have 1 foot already inside the team, it only would be up to you self to convince the team of your skills.
    Let´s talk in Sweden about that Tomi.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Let´s talk in Sweden about that Tomi.
    O.k.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi

It worked for Atko....
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hirvonen Latvala Al Qassimi BP Ford
    Loeb Sordo Citroen
    Solberg Atko Subaru
    Garde Aava Baldacci? PG? Wilks? Suzuki
    Pons Meeke? Subaru MT
    Solberg Bettega? Wilson Kopecky? Stobart MT
    Villagra Companc Clark? Munchis MT
    Duval? Galli? Prokop? Astra MT
    Hanninen Wilks? Aava? Kuistla? MMSP MT?
    Mikklesen Jones Ramsport
    Galli? Meeke? Higgins? Pirelli Team???

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    what do you mean by this?
    In Rally Finland 2000 shakedown I spoke with Marcus and asked about his future contract situation (at the time he had firm contract for 2000 only) and he said that there wasn't nothing. Right after the rally, which he won, Peugeot announced that they had reached a extension deal for 2001+2002 which had been signed before the rally.

That taught me that teams (bosses and drivers) tell you the truth only when it suits to them and when they are permitted to do so. Always be suspicious.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    I saw that PG Andersson is running this week-end a swedish rally in a Ford Focus WRC...

Would Suzuki let him drive another car than theirs if he 'd be part of the team next year(instead of developping the SX4 I mean) ???
    Of course! It's valuable experience for comparison purposes, that's for example what Peugeot encouraged Marcus to do. He raced for Seat and Mitsubishi in 1999 before 206WRC made it's debut later in the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A bit of topic.... but if Gronholm hadn`t been driving the 07 season, then after Japan Hrivonen would have 99 points and Loeb 108. Thats not a big difference. And I belive Hirvonen, in a few races, has been driving for securing the manu-title.

So in my opinion, I`m not sure that the 08 title will be a walk in the park for Mr. Loeb.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halvard
    A bit of topic.... but if Gronholm hadn`t been driving the 07 season, then after Japan Hrivonen would have 99 points and Loeb 108. Thats not a big difference. And I belive Hirvonen, in a few races, has been driving for securing the manu-title.

So in my opinion, I`m not sure that the 08 title will be a walk in the park for Mr. Loeb.
    This ignores the fact that Loeb has made errors as Marcus and he are both pushing each other very hard this season, but for sure next year Loeb can win and if Mikko keeps enough 2nds the current point system rewards finishing above speed so he will not be that far away
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    I saw that PG Andersson is running this week-end a swedish rally in a Ford Focus WRC...

Would Suzuki let him drive another car than theirs if he 'd be part of the team next year(instead of developping the SX4 I mean) ???

PG has had in his contract he can drive other cars the last two years.
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert