Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Silly Season 2008

Grønholms retirement announcement opens the 2008 silly season.

Who will drive where in 2008 ?

Will Petter drive for Ford ?
    Will Latavala be promoted to the A Team ?
    Will Hirvonen be number one ?
    Will Henning S be promoted to the A Team

What happens in Subaru if Petter moves on ?

Will any other teams come in with top equipment ?

A lot of more open issues in addition to these !

What do you think will happen before MC 08 ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd looove to see Petter come up for Ford's no1.. But I'm afraid it will not happen
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Petter and Ford, I don't know. On one hand I would like to see him up front in Subaru, but on the other I don't want him to struggle another year.

With all do respect, I don't think Latvala is there to be an official (Ford) works driver yet. As suggested earlier, I wouldn't mind to see Duval back at Ford again. I think a Hirvonen-Duval combination is strong and an interesting force against Citroën, who are undoubtly the favorites for next year.

With the loss of Grönholm, I like to see McRae and Gardemeister filling up the Suzuki seats. I´m sure this will be a big attraction, and both can do the team some good I reckon. Can´t wait till the announcements!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i hope subaru will be competitive. this would make season very interesting solberg and loeb will fight for victory and also hirvonen atkinson sordo are not far behind
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just hope Gardemeister gets a good seat in 2008 and wins a rally, the man deserves it.
    In anticipation of the next corner...

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Gardemiester would be a good 2nd driver for Ford.
    He was the 1st Ford driver in 2005.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant see Ford .with their multi million pound Abu Dabai sponsorship having Hirvonen and Latavla becuae they would'nt have a hope

Also what use would Duval be on the gravel?

Now then could Coiln Mcrae go to Ford?
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    Also what use would Duval be on the gravel?
    Plenty of use. Much more so than Colin in his current form...

In my opinion, Hirvonen-Duval is the best way to go, with Latvala-Wilson-H Solberg-Al Qassimi in the B-teams. Duval is the only one who can challenge Loeb on tarmac and Hirvonen can challenge Loeb hopefully in most gravel rallies. Duval on gravel is also propably faster than Sordo if given a good car, like 07 Focus. So for manu title, this is the way to go. Drivers title...well...I don't see Hirvonen beating Loeb in 2008, not yet...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously Petter Solberg is the only driver who could challenge Seb - with the good car. Solberg has shown in past years that he surely has measure of Marcus and Seb. His current form don't tell his potential (too many problems with Subaru).

I find Gardemaister and Duval - not to mention H. Solberg - as quite absurd alternatives to fill Ford's first seat. Gardemaister is good 2nd but that's it. I would rather take Atkinson than Garde in my team. Garde has never impressed me in terms of raw speed (watch for instance Germany this year). Duval has ultimate pace only on tarmac. On gravel he would have hard time to match Latvala's current pace.

If Solberg is excluded I see that Latvala is the best option. To me it seems that he has some reserves and potential to find ultimate top-pace of wrc.

If Solberg remains to Subaru and Subaru remains as last few years it's a bit scary to think Loeb's domination. Altough I think that there is fairly good chance to see Subaru's comeback to good form. However, Ford would be most safe option to Petter.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Latvala for second seat at Ford would be enough to take the manufacturers championship as he is faster than Sordo on gravel and, given he would test a lot, he could gain some consistency.

But if the Subaru becomes reliable next year, they can end wining the manufacturers ch as Petter and Chris will be the most experienced pairing.