Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I agree. If rallying is clean, it isn't done right
    Where's that picture of J4mie covered in dust?

Proof that you're wrong rallying is dirty when done properly.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I read the thread title and thought you were talking about Toyota's prescence. Ho ho ho. :

Personally I don't see how F1 affects the WRC, at least not with this matter.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well like I said lots of companies don't want to be involved in a "dirty" sport whether it be as a company or a sponsor. Some of that money could go to football or advertising on billboards but it could also go into the WRC. Back in the late 90's and the earlier part of this decade the WRC was strong and had lots of interest. But then F1 strengthened and became a bit more exciting which I'm sure had an effect on the WRC even if just in some small way.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the WRC starts to encroach on F1's popularity again BE will lean on his mate MM as "allegedly" happened before and the status quo will be restored..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep dreaming Daniel,(your optimism makes you sound like a brand new rally fan ;-) ) $100million fine for what they MIGHT have learnt and benefitted by isnt a soft punishment, F1 is not the Tour de France, F1 is enjoying its best season in years, (sponsors are enjoying this too, dont expect your local Vodafone store to burn its Alonso or Hamilton cutouts any time soon) and by next season all this will be forgotten.
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well I said we needed Colin back. Sadly he's now gone. Such a big blow to the WRC

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Problem with rally is:

A person cant sit down for three hours and follow it live.
    The best that there is, is 30 minuites highlights. If we are lucky we get 1 hour highlights once.
    Or actully if we are really lucky eye in the sky for some time. And we need more of that. But still, no TV channel will dedicate 10 hours for three days just for one show, which we must all accept is alittle difficult to understand at first.

F1, DTM, Nascar are all very easy to follow. You see who is winning. There is no complex stuff like super-rally or some other strange funny things. People cant understand it. If they cant understand it they loose interest before they have time to get interested.

WRC cant compete with F1 and that is the reality.
    Just because McLaren has problems does not mean anything to the WRC. Its just more publicity unless McLaren were banned or somthing, then there would be serious problems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not that the US has any large factor in rally, but consider that when it was again building good steam and interest in the late 90s - it was also still being covered by Speedvision (soon to become SpeedTV) in the states. Then upon dropping of coverage, we see a wane in interest.
    2007: RIP cmcrae | Truely sad to see you go, mgronholm | Hope psolberg can get back on track.