Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

History of the TRD off-line championships

who started these off-line championships? how long ago? I came along when I got TRD3 but I know that a lot of you did it with TRD2 also, right?

are any of the 'originals' still here?
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    who started these off-line championships? how long ago? I came along when I got TRD3 but I know that a lot of you did it with TRD2 also, right?

are any of the 'originals' still here?
    I'v been postin in the Sims area for over two years. At that time there was a TRD1 V8s in progress ( in which I was at least competitive with PV ), TRD2 DTM by racer69, TOCA2 BTCC by cossie. Peter Vuko conducted a fab enduro for TRD2 V8s at Bathhurst, but I don't recall there ever being a TRD2 V8s.

Last year there was the GTs in TRD3 with which you are quite familiar...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I think that I made my debut at the same round as Johnny Shell (DTM Eurospeedway)

Hope they continue with TRD4
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've read some stuff about TRD4 on the codies site - sounds they're going in a different direction with it, but we'll see.

they're dropping the toca for starters, so it's just RD1. there's more urban racing on city streets too.

ahhh yes... the DTM round at Eurospeedway last year. you finished 2nd JB and I was 30 seconds back in 9th.

And it actually took me a while to work up to that - I started last year in the GT's and didn't get fast enough to even compete in the DTM cars until Eurospeedway.

I actually won the very first race I ever entered, a GT Cup race. It would be many many moons before I would see victory lane again!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    during me lunch break I flipped back through the archives for a bit, just for fun. well, except it wasn't really fun. it was more out of total boredom

but anyway it looks there were a few one-off races here & there, but then Paddy put together the first toca1 championship back in Jan '05 or so. it was loosly based on similiar rally championship ran here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Me and others do offline racing on some other sites, we did a Summer Season BTCC on TRD1, and have done WRC3 on another sit, and WRC Evolved as well. But im new to this site
    wrc3f.tk <-- Our Site

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawprint
    Me and others do offline racing on some other sites, we did a Summer Season BTCC on TRD1, and have done WRC3 on another sit, and WRC Evolved as well. But im new to this site

We had a pretty dcent TRD1 BTCC that finished in April or May.

Sorry you weren't around, Pawprint..
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah shame. I was second on ours, although we had few competitors. What were your top cars?
    wrc3f.tk <-- Our Site

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawprint
    Ah shame. I was second on ours, although we had few competitors. What were your top cars?
    I think the Alfa was top choice with the Vauxhall a very close second (if not tie for first)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the dtm and v8 archives on the trd3racing website.

I haven't got the btcc archives though..

Would you want me to add them onto the site? If so..if anyone has the original files then pm me, and you can email me them over and i can add it onto the site. For everyone to see, in one place, nice and easy.

i remember joining on toca 2..did 2 or 3 seasons i think..before the trd series came out.

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)