Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a very strange choice of drivers!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Who would be better test driver for gravel? Maybe someone like Armin Schwarz or Gigi Galli who can`t do two clean (no mistakes) test runs in row?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    Is really a wise choice to put drivers who haven't had much WRC action in recent years to test the cars and hope for good feedback?

I think not, they should have given the car to experienced drivers that were active in WRC lately, like Bengue and Gardemeister

How does WRC action differ from rally action? Can't speak for Bernardi but Lindholm sure has experience. I think it's a logic choise, it just needed a little melting
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    It is good to have a new team in the WRC but there is not much chance of Suzuki being able to beat Ford or Citroen this year.
    I don't think they should be aiming for that. Saying that they reckon they can make the podium isn't a good start, to my mind — memories of the Nissan Sunny GTiR and all that... I would be delighted to be proved wrong, of course.

Oh, and I agree it's an odd choice of drivers, though I can partly understand them going for Lindholm given some of his recent 1000 Lakes performances.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    At this moment, they are looking for miles under the wheels. If they pushed for a win, they risk throwing the car off & the only WRC experience they will gain is how the Superrally rules work.

Testing under competition conditions is the name of the games here with two reasonable (also read cheaper) drivers who will act exactly as Suzuki desire prior to the full 2008 assault.

We often speculate on various drivers in various cars, often small contractual issues & sponsor conflicts spoil what might have been a different lineup.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Nobuhiro Tajima seems to think otherwise, "Although we are newcomers we aim for the podium":
    http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...107715,00.html

I'd like to see the question that quote was an answer to....

I could see Tajima-san answering like that with regards to how much they would push. Or what the team's goals are for 2008. Or any number of questions that is a reasonable answer too.

Also, whether it was a Japanese media interview or not...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Errrr uhm ok .... let's see ^^

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    I think that factor may have been their former connection with Michel Nandan. It's easier to work with a technical director whom you already know and have worked with.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Driver line up is one surprize. The other surprize is that Suzuki only brings one car. I would imagine all Suzuki wants out of these two rallies are testing data, and don't you think having two car is much better than just one car??? If you have two cars running, you can compare set-up, tires, and of course drivers. Is Suzuki behind the development schedule or lacking money already???
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    I expected Bernardi for the Tour de Corse, because he is French. Otherwise this is not the best choice, Alexandre Bengué was a better choice. Lindholm is 46 (?) years and he has not compete in one rally this year, I don't understand the choice of Suzuki. Toni Gardemeister was a much better choice.