Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    one site is saying the Ford GT will race in the GT2 class and first race will be in Mid-summer, but they will also only race in the Major events
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    So this means FoMoCo will be present in virtually all levels of GT racing via Aston in GT1, the Ford GT in GT2, and Jaguar in GT3.

Do I have this right?

Fab news if it's true..
    I believe the GT2 Panoz uses a Ford engine, also SALEEN S7R is powered by Ford IIRC. And don't forget Aston Martin DBRS9.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    true, both panoz and saleen are "powered by ford", but the dbr9 use an aston martin engine ! not a ford one
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    true, both panoz and saleen are "powered by ford", but the dbr9 use an aston martin engine ! not a ford one
    I think what he is getting at is Ford owns Aston Martin, so they (Ford the corporation, not the division) is represented.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Iam stoked about seeing a GT40 out there, but somehow I doubt Ford will give this Kuttner fellow the dough he needs to really put a scare into the Pratt Miller Vette boys or the folks running the Pokerstars Aston's...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    Technically, the DB9's V12 is a ford engine. It's based on the V12 of the DB7 which was made by sticking two Ford V6s together.

I thought the GT would be illegal for GT1/GT2. Forced induction engines must be below 4000cc, but the GT has a 5.4L supercharged V8, which is way too big to qualify.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonBrooke
    Technically, the DB9's V12 is a ford engine. It's based on the V12 of the DB7 which was made by sticking two Ford V6s together.

I thought the GT would be illegal for GT1/GT2. Forced induction engines must be below 4000cc, but the GT has a 5.4L supercharged V8, which is way too big to qualify.
    You're correct about the engine illegality. Kuttner briefly mentions this in one of the "episodes" - something along the lines of "we'll have to choose which engine to put in the car."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerIMS
    You're correct about the engine illegality. Kuttner briefly mentions this in one of the "episodes" - something along the lines of "we'll have to choose which engine to put in the car."
    That's true. The Corvette C6R had a seven-litre V8 before it was homologated
    in the C6 road car.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ford Gt is one of my dream cars, and to see it come back is like a dream come true.