Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford GT back to le mans in GT1!!!!!!

This is one of the most exciting projects i have seen in ages. To bring the new shape ford gt back to le mans. all the information about the project is here and you can see how the car is beeing developed in online weekly videos!

http://www.fordgttv.com
    Saturday 4th June System of a Down Brixton Academy
    Sunday 5th June BTCC Brands Hatch
    Thats a weekend and a half!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont beleive this news, now there is a lone Ford GT in sports car racing, its is doing the japanese Super GT, in the GT300 class ! and has nothing to do with the factory Ford

Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard Ford may run a car in GT2, but not be involved with the GT40 in GT1.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Next year, PSI will run Ford GT's in the GT3 championship if they get enough funding. If not they will run it in lower championships like Belcar.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Thanks for that site, Plato. Yes, exciting stuff.

Just to improve their global image, one would think Ford Motor Company would want to throw a few dollars behind a Le Mans effort like this. Too bad Ford is going to kill off the GT when they shutter the Wixom plant next Spring. But still, when many are taking bets on when your company is going to die... why not fire back with a Le Mans win? Show the doubters that you're not dead yet.

Do I think Ford will do that? Nah. They can't even figure out how many new Jaguar XK8 coupes to make vs. convertibles.

Still, great site!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Just to improve their global image, one would think Ford Motor Company would want to throw a few dollars behind a Le Mans effort like this. Too bad Ford is going to kill off the GT when they shutter the Wixom plant next Spring. But still, when many are taking bets on when your company is going to die... why not fire back with a Le Mans win? Show the doubters that you're not dead yet.
    I was under the impression the GT line was to be shut down after the '06 run was finished but the restructuring announced earlier in the year had it being shut down even sooner.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codalunga
    I was under the impression the GT line was to be shut down after the '06 run was finished but the restructuring announced earlier in the year had it being shut down even sooner.
    Yes, that's more accurate than how I put it. The plant (the last time I heard) is due to be shuttered in the Spring. But the various '06 models (the GT included) are already dead. It's not one of the plants I deal with, so I'm not sure what's still there for the '07 model year.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    hmmmm... I wish them... LUCK !!!

It would be great to see the GT 43 competitve at Le Mans. We also need more cars in GT-1.

Even with all that experience.. including building Gran Sham Proto-types, thats a big nut to crack!

Ford has mortaged everything the Company owns just attempting to survive, I'm not sure they will/can provide financial help to this project.

mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They will have problems getting an entry if they insist on calling it "Le mans int raceway"
    You are entering a Jeff Gordon free zone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So this means FoMoCo will be present in virtually all levels of GT racing via Aston in GT1, the Ford GT in GT2, and Jaguar in GT3.

Do I have this right?

Fab news if it's true..
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(