Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rally Spain Catalunya

Hi all
    well Im going to rally Spain for a full 5 day tour beginning on Wednesday, Its a self drive tour by RallyTravel I've heard good things about them so I think its going to be good, however I would like to have the advice of some experts, stages, some good places to spectate, driving, parking, food or whatever you can think about rally spain and can me everything go better.
    Im planning to attend shakedown and during friday and saturday 2 stages and a service, do you think this is possible??
    I'm used to latinamerican rallyes where multistage days are possible so I dont know what to expect in spain, the only thing I know is that its going to be crowded as hel1!!

do you recomed to only do one stage or what do you think is better, my aim is maximum stages and maximum fun.

The entry list is going to be big, and Im sure there will be some good privateers to look at, from spain and the rest of the world, so in order to see them do you think I should stay in one stage all day???

thanks in advance

Jonas

PS
    We'll have a rental car and we have an empty slot so if anyone needs a ride, PM me and we can arrange something!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh come on, no one is going??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im there too. I want to be near the jump on the shakedown. All the photo's of stages are on last years site but this year is more or less tha same I think. Rally guide 2 or photos/maps should be unlocked soon on the official site. I last went in 2000. We tried double stages but the afternoon stage on day 1 was cancelled, and when the morning stage on day 2 was cancelled my mates gave up. We only seen 1 stage !!! We drove back to Benidorm to our hotel. Avoid ss1 as like on the Monte it will be rammed and more likely to be cancelled. Im not sure about 2 stages and the service. If it were Sardinia or Germany Id say yes it's easy, even 3 stages but doubt it in Spain. Access roads to and from stages will be blocked by Police. Still a great rally I cant wait!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The official guide:

http://www.rallyracc.com/2007/ingles/itinerario.html

Explanation of the last year SS:

http://www.guiarallycatalunya.com/tramos_cat.asp

Shake down Tivissa 3,98 km The same of the 2006.

1 – 3 Querol 25,43 km The same of the 2006.

2 – 4 El Montmell 24,14 km The same of the 2006.

5 El Lloar - La Figuera 22,43 km The same of the 2006.

6 Pratdip 26,48 km The same of the 2006.

7 - 11 Vilaplana 13,29 km The same of the 2006. with 0,55 km news in the start anf 2,28 km at the end

8 - 12 Coll del Grau2 26,33 km New stage.

9 - 13 Margalef - la Palma d’Ebre 15,85 km The same of the 2006.

10 - 14 La Serra d’Almos 4,11 km New stage- is the shakedown but inverse.

15 - 17 Riudecanyes 16,32 km Riudecanyes SS 2006, and 4,7140 km. news in the start

16 – 18 Colldejou 26,51 km The same of the 2006.. (SS Pratdip inverse).

For me, to see two SS is possible, but you must be arranged to walk at least one hour in each SS. All the SS are closed at the night! (00h00'AM)

I have made many photos in this SS, but she is finessed of people, and if you want a good position, you will have to be all the day:

http://www.guiarallycatalunya.com/cat2006/SS13_cast.asp

I believe that better it is organized than Monaco or old Portugal, but is much, much people, and they do not have any problem in cancelling some SS.
    \"Zona rápida Izquierda Rápida Menos Menos poco tarde se cierra y se abre, acaba Rápida Menos se cierra en Rasante a fondo, para Derecha Rápida Menos poco tarde se cierra acaba Rápida Menos Menos se cierra en Palos, dos...\":champion: