Page 612 of 620 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6197
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Not often. But having said that, I have thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate bunny and chocolate elephant my [grown up] kids gave me for Easter.

Do you there should be a world-wide ban on trade in ivory?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I simply don't know.

Is it OK to play music on your computer when you share an office with other 8 people?

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Kinda depends on the type of music, can't image being too happy sitting next to someone playing death metal at 8:00am in the morning.

What sort of music would you consider to be ok to play in the office?

I don't think it's ok to play any kind of music in an office. I can't concentrate on my papers with perturbatory noises around. Sometimes I have emergencies or very difficult tasks and the radio is playing a merry tune or romanian songs with stupid or trivial lyrics. Occasionally, coworkers who usually have nothing to do and have a relaxed only neuron start to sing along or even dance showing off a joyful performance while you crack your brains working. I hate those noises even if I take a pause, I have enough personal troubles to think about and some rap music is the last thing on earth I need to listern to. I also find disrespectful the way some coworkers use their cell phones. They choose annoying and loud signals to get notifications or even loud sounds when they simply touch the screens. They will click for hours....
    Right now a coworker brought her 5 y.o. daughter at the office. She's adorable but I have to work and am not interested at all in kindergarden poetry and tunes.

Where you live, do the girls polish their nails at their workplace?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I work in the rain and mud in peoples gardens. Not much hope of polishing nails there.

I have a national holiday here today? If you had a sudden day off what would you do with it?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Sleep.
    I'll have a sort of national mini holiday from Thursday to Monday, so don't wake me up.

Do you have reliable neighbours?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    Sleep.
    I'll have a sort of national mini holiday from Thursday to Monday, so don't wake me up.

Do you have reliable neighbours?
    My neighbours on one side are a mother and young kid, with a teenage son and some suspicious friends. On the other side I have an Ice cream man. He occasionally gives me left overs. Not that friendly though. Keeps his distance.

Same Q?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Matter of fact I asked this Q because I was terribly disappointed by 2 neighbours. They live on my street for about 30 years and I asked them to help me by being witnesses for an important paper that I needed from my mother, who wasn't able to sign. First they accepted but then when the notary came to my home they became reticent. The notary ridiculized them so they became angry and left leaving me in tears and in big trouble. It was just a simple formality and they knew how much I needed that paper. The problem is that in this area people can't afford houses and most of old neighbours left, being replaced by companies or new people who don't even say hello. The only nice people are in the next court, the couple that lost their son in that terrible club fire. Still they like to stay private.

Have you ever collected stamps?

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    no, but my mum used to, there is an album at her place along with several boxes of unsorted stamps, all up we estimate she has over 10000 of the things.

if not stamps, is there anything else you collect?

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Not that I collect it, but my music library grows and grows, including stuff from Renaissance to ambient and alternative rock.

Same Q.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Llibertat