Page 508 of 620 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 6197
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Have you ever said something, that you instantly wish you could take back?
    Most of the times. I use to talk nonsense and I have a bad mouth. Thanks God that on the forum there's an edit button and a certain moderator who takes care.

Let's not lose Starter's Q: If you could have been anywhere in the world this weekend would you have picked Bahrain (this is an auto racing board) or somewhere else?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I would have picked a place where there is still snow or at least cold weather.....39C on Sunday here and we might hit 40 this week (that's 100+ for you Americans )

When was the last you cooked a proper meal?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

2015-04-13_20.47.51[1].jpg
    Well, I hardly can call my cooking "proper meal". But my latest release was pork with potatoes baked in the owen. I don't know how to translate it in english. it's considered an easy to cook dish. I cooked it for the first time in my life ( !!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I know I'm weird...) about a week ago for Easter. And this is what it looked like. I imortalised it for the posterity.
    Please don't laugh.

When was the last time you got drunk?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I can't remember

(Must have been too drunk)

Same Question?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

I could have sworn it would be you to answer this......

I can't remember. ( because I NEVER get drunk, I know when I have to stop )
    Probably that day when I drank beer in my school uniform.

What was your fav fairy tale when you were a kid?

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    I could have sworn it would be you to answer this......

I can't remember. ( because I NEVER get drunk, I know when I have to stop )
    Probably that day when I drank beer in my school uniform.

What was your fav fairy tale when you were a kid?
    As strange as it seems, I can't remember hearing or reading them when I was a kid. I know my mother read to us, as I remember some Dr Suess and other stuff. I do often wonder though how some of these fairy tales become the ones we heard, or now teach to our kids. I was reading Jack and the Beanstalk to my daughter when she was little, and after the fact thought it's really not a good tale for kids. Broken down, he uses the magic bean to rob and murder someone. How did that become a book we want to read to kids?

Since I had no answer, I'm not posting a question, but providing a thread bump!

I've noticed that all of you avoid my Q.
    It's probably hard for a guy to admit he ever liked fairy tales.

gadjo, like airshifter, I vaguely remember reading or being told those stories...but to be honest I did not like them much then and do not like them now. So my 2 yr old watches Grp B rally cars or a recording of BB King/Clapton instead of hearing fairy tales from me.

Do you often feel that endings of books/movies and especially tv shows throws away all the build up of the main body of work? I find that the end could have been done better and somehow drags that work downwards.

Shall I risk to answer this? I took my share of cold showers either on fórum from mr.K or on work where I ended by adopting a silentio stampa attitude.....Once I read that în USA movies should end such as the audience wanted. A bad end would mean a low box office. And if I think twice rare are the american movies that end bad. Maybe that's the key to my lack of interest în them. Now to be honest I don`t care if a book or movie ends well or not, the important thing is that the end of them isn`t previsible. And if I also think of all the movies I saw lately( sadly, I don`t read anymore ), most of them ended unclear letting the audience to think whatever they want.
    As probably you`ve noticed, I used to be a fan of TV series. In this particular case I`ve noticed that all start promising, with a very detailed action, but then ends abrubtly and disappoining as if produceres lack money, ideas or interest.

What is the book/movie that you wanted to have a different ending?

Many actually, I can't name just one right away but for some plot based stuff often the explanation falls flat at the end while the build up is nice and intense. Like you I often dislike the all too happy endings of Hollywood movies (lets not even talk abt Bollywood!). An ambivalent or sometimes even a tragic ending makes that story even better. Different from the herd at least.