Page 499 of 620 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6197
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    My decision to become a gardener came through horrid circumstances. After doing a lot of agency temporary work, my Mother had her stroke when I was 19. At that point I took over doing her garden, which I couldn't bare to leave to grow wild. While caring for her, I kept gardening and enjoyed it. So when she was well enough to potter about and I returned to work at 21. I looked for work in gardening. Now 8 years later I have started my own business.

Have you got a story where life throws up something unexpected which changes your life?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: gadjo_dilo (30th March 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Several. I lost my much better half in a road accident a few years ago, she was hit by a drunk driving his car, when the bastard couldn't even walk without falling over. Changes your whole outlook on life, it has made me completely and utterly intolerant of drunks etc. Had other changes as well, most of them for the worse i.e I withdrew into myself for quite a while, and many of my friends kinda drifted off (not their fault at all) and I still spend more time on m,y own than most people do, but it also made me stronger as a person, and taught me to cope with almost anything the world throws up

What things can instantly change your mood?

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    When I'm in a bad mood it's easy to cheer me up. A happy song, a good movie or even a funny post on the forum can change it.
    Otherwise it's also easy to get sad, esp. when I have to deal with rude and uneducated people, or liars, or arrogants or thrusters.

Do you know to play chess?

yes. I play quite poorly though, I basically play one move at a time. I started trying to play properly by planning 5 moves ahead, but the number of variations that led too made my eyes spin and my head nearly exploded.

What other intellectual type pursuits/interests do you have?

erm...... not sure I have any.

I don't do masses of intellectual.

Do you laugh regularly or are you quite serious? It won't surprise Gadjo to know I smile and laugh an awful lot.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Yes, you won't. Smiler!

Well, that's the contradiction. I look like a very serious person but I laugh a lot, sometimes even when I'm alone in the street I laugh remembering something ( an old Romanian saying says that only dumb people do this ).
    I have coworkers who had to move to my office and are surprised I'm always joking. They say ''I didn't know you're like this". I blame this confusion on being shy with people I don't know.

Have you ever had a good laugh in a moment you shouldn't ? ( like when you're in school and a frightening teacher may punish you )

All the time. Not sure if it is a defence mechanism, or if I am just slightly (or not slightly) mad.

Can you laugh at yourself, or do you get upset if you are the person being joked with?

I can take a lot of ribbing and self mock. Think it comes from Football and that dreaded word "Banter", it helps you laugh at others and be laughed at without over reacting.

Do you think laughter truly makes you feel better?

Yes, it can also make people around you feel better too. When I visited my friend Alicia in hospital last week, I tried to keep laughing and joking with her, made us both feel better and take her mind of her accident and broken bones.

Do you intentionally do strange things to have people laugh at you?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Not really. I try to be funny but not do funny things per se.

What will be your next car/bike?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: