Page 408 of 620 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6197
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    The so called revolution in December 1989. My life has changed completely. I started to enjoy some rights that didn't necessarily make me happier. I started to discover the evil side in people and some friendships were lost because some of us became richer and could afford more than the rest of us. I lost and still miss the feeling of solidarity that kept us united in the past. I've learnt that being educated is a serious handicap and all the values in which I was brought up means nothing for the new society. I've also learnt that not all the people you share your life with are also your friends. And yes, I made some money and today I'm able to live without debts and to take care of my mother and brother.
    In brief I don't have material problems anymore but spiritually I'm at the lowest point.

What was the lowest moment of your life?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    When my mother had her huge stroke and came about as close to death as its possible to get.

However that sad was replaced by amazement and joy in some of her recovery

What was the happiest moment of your life?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Liverpool winning the Champions League... or getting engaged (hard to separate as they both happen so rarely)

How do you cope with a big loss, i.e. how do you bounce back?

The same revolution moment. It was something incredible, never thought the communist regime would fall and I was young and thought my life would change for the better. 22 December 1989, yes it was the happiest day of my life when an imposible dream really came true.

Do you have a superstition?

Edit : too late again. Don't know if I understood anfield's q......
    Last edited by gadjo_dilo; 25th September 2014 at 22:15.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Its fine gadjo. I'll just answer yours instead

When I was playing football I had quite a few. Left sock on before right, then right boot on before left. Always had to wear something red against my skin. On the pitch I had to touch the right goal post, left goal post then the centre of the crossbar. I was a goal keeper and I always wore different coloured gloves (same type, model etc, but different colour from each other) I guess this would indicate that I am slightly insane

Do superstitious people scare you?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    No, I just laugh at them usually - as long as the superstition is harmless (as in your case) then I don't mind, but when people go overboard and do weird stuff I dislike it.

Do you believe in the Parallel Universes concept? (if you aren't a religious person)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

I have no proof but I'm convinced of the existance of some "axis mundi" on earth that tie "our"world with another. They say such places might be in the Carpathians and I strongly believe one could be in India.

Are you comfortable with the idea of changing your home or are you sentimentally tied to the one you live in?

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    After 30 years in the same house I suppose I am sentimentally tied to it. I know the amount of work I have put in trying to keep it in good order and getting it the way I want. If I changed my home, although I'd have a clearer idea of what I wanted I baulk at the amount of work involved to sort things out.

Which do you think is better - owning your home or renting it?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    That's a hard question Gadjo.

There are a lot of memories, and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in our current home. It was the first house we ever purchased, and we have been here ever since. At one point we thought about getting something a little larger, but then decided that it was pointless and that we really didn't want more house. The house will become our daughters when we are gone, to do with as she pleases.

I've thought that at some point we will move into a condo or something nearby, so we have less work to do when we get older and don't want to do those things as much. But in my head that is because our daughter will live in our current house nearby. In reality our daughter is preparing for a future that will increase her chances of working out of this area, and very possibly out of the country. So maybe my crazy scenario is an attachment that I don't really notice on the surface all that well.

But overall I'd still have to say that I'm comfortable with the idea of changing our home. But this home will always hold a lot of memories, both good and bad, that I will never let go of.

Have you ever been part of any organization where the brotherhood and comradery were so strong that it was clear people outside of that organization could not possibly understand?

D-Type:
    Until 2 years ago I lived in a hybrid of half ours/half state home and I was insecure cos based on previous experience our state is able to bring some people ( gypsies included) to cohabitate with you. That stopped me to do any improvement to the house. In the center of Book a Rest the rent is very high and so it's the value of the house. So if I have to pay the money I'd rather buy it.

Airshifter: I don't think that such organization could ever exist in my country and by this I say almost all about my conationals. However it was a sort of a party that was able of such things but unfortunately it was an extremist party that did a lot of political mistakes.
    I also think that the aromanian community to which I belong used to develop such relationships that to romanians look strange. I'm surprised by the romanians points of view regarding family or friendship and so are they about mine.

Have you ever considered leaving the country?