Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    To be fair to Darren, this is his first full BTCC season. Maybe he doesn't want to get caught up in accidents and let SEAT down when he can just keep scoring points towards the manufacturers championship? Hope SEAT retain him next year...and drop Plato!!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRDartford
    Sorry but I can't ever see darren turner winning the title. He is a very good driver but he lets people past too easily. When i was a snetterton at the esses he did not even try and defend when a couple or drivers went to pass him. If he gets a bit more aggressive in that respect I think he could challenge. We shall see
    Nor do I but then I personally don't expect drivers to win the title in order to prove to me their a very good driver. Just show they can race with the best consistently and show they can win the title.

Look at 'Flash', credit to him he is a top driver, yet he hasn't won the title yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    To be fair to Darren, this is his first full BTCC season. Maybe he doesn't want to get caught up in accidents and let SEAT down when he can just keep scoring points towards the manufacturers championship? Hope SEAT retain him next year...and drop Plato!!
    As I said before he has only raced 8 - only 4 meetings - in the Leon before this season. I fully expect him as a fan of the team to be more aclimatised to the team even more than this season.

I agree with you that perhaps he has a hesitancy to get do something that would cause an accident. Because perhaps even though he knows he wasn't going to be in the running to win the title he did know his points would very useful to the team.

Drop Jase'? Tell you what! That ain't a bad idea! He is a very good competitor and it would be hard to find a driver with his fighting spirit but SEAT can attract quality. VXR attracted a top WTCC talent in Fabrizio Giovanardi. Surely SEAT can too?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it will be Flash.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    As I said before he has only raced 8 - only 4 meetings - in the Leon before this season.
    He did 5 last season - the fifth being the Silverstone finale which both he and Jimmy T did!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Shedden's got the best chance, but I'd rather see Darren Turner clamber past the lot of them.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turkington, Shedden for me... also Adam Jones, probably the biggest impression of anyone this year. Lots of people thought Mat Jackson would be good but not many people would have said the same for Jones unless they looked carefully at what he did with that awful Lexus last year.
    But obviously he isn't going to finish 3rd in the championship!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Going back to Adam Jones briefly, its amazing that he is only 41 points behind Tom Onslow-Cole in the championship, even though he has done fewer rounds and in an older car.