Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Best of the rest

It's obviously Plato vs Giovanardi for the title, but the battle for 3rd is pretty close too.

Matt Neal was looking good until his Brands Hatch disaster, now team mate Shedden's ahead of him. Turkington's still in with a good chance, just a point behind Matt, and if Darren Turner has a good weekend and a little bit of luck he could even leapfrog the lot of them.

Who do you think will end up "best of the rest" this year?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Shedden, I reckon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Shedden has a very healthy 16 point lead over Neal and 17 points over Turkington. I feel on balance Shedden deserves to be 3rd this season, he has driven exceedingly well all year. I reckon Turkington might just grab 4th place from Neal.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May depend on if they can get round the set up problems TD had on Neals car all weekend, certainly showed in the last race when he was going into certain corners.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is deffinitely one from the two TD drivers. I think Turks is out. Though I think, providing the standings on btccpages.com has been updated, he could yet nick 4th spot.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    Shedden has a very healthy 16 point lead over Neal and 17 points over Turkington. I feel on balance Shedden deserves to be 3rd this season, he has driven exceedingly well all year. I reckon Turkington might just grab 4th place from Neal.
    Given the one point difference, CT has a very good chance of grabbing fourth from Matt. Watch out for a Matt v Colin contest at Thruxton....!
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just hope the Dunlops are working a bit better this time round for the BMWs.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Me too Iain - and if it does, it might knock SEAT a bit down the order...although they said their car wouldn't suit Thruxton last time and ended up winning anyway!!

Think Shedden and Turkington have been the best of the rest this season - with reliability and luck on their side this year, it could have been a 4-way title race! And some experts even tipped Turner for the title this year, maybe next year he will be more of a threat?!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    Think Shedden and Turkington have been the best of the rest this season - with reliability and luck on their side this year, it could have been a 4-way title race!
    And fast too. They have been particularly strong when it comes to achieving the fastest times for races.

Indeed at Knockhill both Turks and Shedden achieved the two fastest times in both races 1 and 2 whilst 'Flash' achieved a fast time in race 3. Turks achieving 53.822 and 53.271 and 'Flash' achieving 53.313 and 53.470 in races 1 and 2 respectively. Flash achieing 53.340 in race 3.

Indeed, since round 1 Turks has achieved a fastest time 8 times and Flash' 6 times. And if I am right nobody has achieved fastest times more times than either.

Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    And some experts even tipped Turner for the title this year, maybe next year he will be more of a threat?!
    I hope so. He is an immensley talented driver. The only thing I can suggest for his lack of strong form is maybe he needs getting used to a Leon. He is used to GT's and single seaters but the tourers are, I think, different. Before this season he only did 8 races in 2006.

Here's to 2008 Darren.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry but I can't ever see darren turner winning the title. He is a very good driver but he lets people past too easily. When i was a snetterton at the esses he did not even try and defend when a couple or drivers went to pass him. If he gets a bit more aggressive in that respect I think he could challenge. We shall see
    Look out I have been to the Jason Plato school of driving. I take no prisoners!!