Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always liked driving the Megane at Corsica, you could really trouble the WRCars there.

NZ is great fun, as basically are the lot of them.

CMR1 was the best, CMR2 was a very good game, but just not the 'same', if you get what i mean.....from then on it's just been complete rubbish.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    I always liked driving the Megane at Corsica, you could really trouble the WRCars there.

NZ is great fun, as basically are the lot of them.

CMR1 was the best, CMR2 was a very good game, but just not the 'same', if you get what i mean.....from then on it's just been complete rubbish.
    CMR1 was probably the first proper 'Rally' game, as opposed to V-Rally 97 which was more Rallycross. Agree that none of the rest had that 'something' that the first one did. Think it was the 2 stages followed by service, and quite often the 2 stages required different set ups, so a compromise was needed. A lot of the later games didn't have this, just 1 stage then service. Corsica had 3 stages back to back in fact.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I was at a Q&A session with Colin McRae on Sunday, and he was talking about the rally games and that he personally had quite a large involvement in the development of the original game, but not the subsequent ones.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I was at a Q&A session with Colin McRae on Sunday, and he was talking about the rally games and that he personally had quite a large involvement in the development of the original game, but not the subsequent ones.
    Which after thinking about it, is significant. The sequels aren't as 'Rally like' as the first one. Which is why people are still playing it 9 years on.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    CMR1 had great stages but I felt it was shaded by Mobil1 Rally Championship that had 25+ cars to choose from and awesome stages.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSS, I've just won the expert championship 8 years after having started playing. I used the Quattro because I can't do it in a WRC, I'm too slow. The stages are very narrow compared to what I'm used to and it took me some time to get used to. I had the impression I was going so slow and still broke my own records.