Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sordo vs Loeb on tarmac
    and on the fast gravel events Hirvonen vs Loeb
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If Marcus retires by the end of this season, he's definitly gonna win the cup next year. Maybe the next one Hirvonen can fight against him for the championship.
    If Subaru solve every problem they have with the new 2008-spec Impreza, I'm sure Petter can fight very hard!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo
    If Marcus retires by the end of this season, he's definitly gonna win the cup next year.
    retired and winning the cup at the same time? :

now seriously if he retires, unless Subaru gets their act together(not probable IMO), Loeb will win the WDC easily, Hirvonen can only beat him in Sweden and Finland, and Sordo on a good day might beat him in tarmac, the rest of the season will be a walkover for Seb
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    In 2004 and some 2005, alot of people were saying that Marcus has lost it and not only because of the 307, but because of the consistant crashes and such.
    And yet, now when Petter is in a similar place, none of you blame the driver... Its all car car car...

At laest in 04, Marcus was either in the top 3-4-5 or retired. He had consistant pace, but crashed alot or his car let him down.

Atkinson has consistantly been faster than Petter...

Niether Markko Martin nor Rovenpera were ever quicker than Marcus in the 307.

Is it just me, or maybe Petter is really losing his speed and all you just just love him so much and ignore that fact?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    In 2004 and some 2005, alot of people were saying that Marcus has lost it and not only because of the 307, but because of the consistant crashes and such.
    And yet, now when Petter is in a similar place, none of you blame the driver... Its all car car car...

At laest in 04, Marcus was either in the top 3-4-5 or retired. He had consistant pace, but crashed alot or his car let him down.

Niether Markko Martin nor Rovenpera were ever quicker than Marcus in the 307.

Is it just me, or maybe Petter is really losing his speed and all you just just love him so much and ignore that fact?
    i'll make a reply to this post in 12months period. (that is when i will lost hope)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I find it a little surprising that Petter has been consistently outclassed by Aitkinson this year. So if the SWRT WRC08 car is as good as SWRT hope then I would expect Aitkinson to challenge Loeb....and Petter to either step up his game or be religated to a points scoring position like Hirvonen. Just my 2c.
    Power is useless without skill

Poetry in Motion, RS1800 BDA

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Hmm, how about this

Gronholm 2007 champion and he retires, or
    Loeb 2007 champion, and Gronholm fights for the title next year one more time?

What's your choice?
    I'm not sugesting that's the case (I wouldn't be surprised if Gronholm himself doesn't know for sure what he wants at the moment), but just out of curiosity.
    In other words, what will make Marcus stay one more year, loosing the title, or winning it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    In other words, what will make Marcus stay one more year, loosing the title, or winning it?
    Definitely losing it.
    Marcus has had a long and great career, but how you end your career is extremely important as thats the last anyone sees from you. And everyone wants to go out a winner.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duff
    Definitely losing it.
    Marcus has had a long and great career, but how you end your career is extremely important as thats the last anyone sees from you. And everyone wants to go out a winner.
    Kankunen, Makinen, Sainz, Mcrae, Auriol and many more continued several seasons even though they had no chance and some of them knew it.
    I dont remember/judge these great drivers for their lasts season at all, its what they achieved at the best I remember the most, for sure.
    I think Gronholm have many more years in the WRC where he can be competetive, maybe not all years in the top, but something like Sainz or Mcrae (from their last years).
    He will never be slower then Slowson, so even if he was getting slow he wont be embarassing!
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Hmm, how about this

Gronholm 2007 champion and he retires, or
    Loeb 2007 champion, and Gronholm fights for the title next year one more time?

What's your choice?
    I'm not sugesting that's the case (I wouldn't be surprised if Gronholm himself doesn't know for sure what he wants at the moment), but just out of curiosity.
    The problem here is, that Marcus needs to make his decision before he knows if he can win the title or not. If he was allready the champion of 2007, he would retire for sure.