Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Marcus retires, who will fight?

OK so the Latvala thread got me thinking.
    There are a few guys who in the next 2 or 3 years will be fighting for the win and even the championship, but who will be fighting with Seb next year if Marcus retires? Mikko has done well this year, but he hasn't shown that he can match Seb everywhere. Sometimes he is far off the winning pace.

So what's the best case scenario for an interesting championship in 2008?
    For me I guess it’s that either Subaru steps up and starts winning, or that Petter goes to Ford. I don't think he's lost all his speed...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duff
    OK so the Latvala thread got me thinking.
    There are a few guys who in the next 2 or 3 years will be fighting for the win and even the championship, but who will be fighting with Seb next year if Marcus retires? Mikko has done well this year, but he hasn't shown that he can match Seb everywhere. Sometimes he is far off the winning pace.

So what's the best case scenario for an interesting championship in 2008?
    For me I guess it’s that either Subaru steps up and starts winning, or that Petter goes to Ford. I don't think he's lost all his speed...

Petters not slow, hes distracted and discouraged. He needs to get out of the mess that is SWRT at the moment.
    Yeah, americans love rallying too.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    If Gronholm retires next year Hirvonen would probably win rallys like Finland where he came 2nd, ahead of Loeb this year.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    None ....for at least 2 years... for some wins maybe in specific events that require experience...by the way who challenges Loeb the last 3 years.... Only Marcus manages to challenge him because Loeb made mistakes and Marcus is super efficient which is a first for him (2002 also but the competition was lower)...

Even if Marcus stays Loeb will dominate once more......NZ is an event very close to finland and Marcus won it by nothing....

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I think Mikko and and and and and whats his name.... Loeb will fight really well. Mikko will learn and really catch up to speed to Loeb! I see Mikko as a future champ... Perhaps see Duval back next year with some wins too. Petter.... i'm hoping he will change.....teams or the 08' car will be good. Better not have any parts of the 05 to 07' parts in it! haha
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Miiikkkkoooooo!!!!

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaWRC
    Miiikkkkoooooo!!!!
    Only in Finland so far. Mikko is good and will be runner up, but he missed a lot compare to Loeb.
    I think in the future (2009) Atko (nice nickname), Mikko, and if Latvala learn a lot these three drivers can battle Loeb. Sordo must be improved on gravel.

Marcus, please stay for a while!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Short term.... nobody ( unless Subaru by some miracle got their act together )

Long term... eventually there will be Hirvonen, Latvala, Sordo and Atkinson. (Not in particular order )
    Another Flying Finn

MJW
    Petter definately has the speed - he needs to get the package, whether that comes from a Focus 07, C4 or maybe even a Subaru mid 08...........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sordo and Duval could well put some pressure on Loeb on tarmac events. On the loose Mikko could do some damage on some events (Finland...). But, without Gronholm, Loeb might even win all events
    mdesign 0_o