Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Well they may be killing 250 but Estoril was a great race. That's what I was expecting this season, Pedrosa, Rossi and Stoner at the front really battling it out. Just built myself up too much for an excellent season and felt jipped when it didn't deliver. Let's hope the remaining races will be as good
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I agree, great race that was.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    125s at Estoril was the pick of the bunch IMO, Pol Espargaro is a star of the future, without a doubt.. Actually, all three races were pretty damn good, Estoril makes for good racing, even if it is a bit of a nothing track..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    600cc support for MotoGP is a joke!

Make 'em 250 and 400cc 4-strokes - it's worked a treat in MX.

Good to see MotoGP is not dead after all Can't wait for Motegi.

Aussie vs Italian! Japan vs Italy!! Vegemite vs garlic!!!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    600cc support for MotoGP is a joke!

Make 'em 250 and 400cc 4-strokes - it's worked a treat in MX.

Good to see MotoGP is not dead after all Can't wait for Motegi.

Aussie vs Italian! Japan vs Italy!! Vegemite vs garlic!!!
    I can't understand their proposals, just use the example in MXGP and Enduro; 250 F & 450 F, both are FIM Championships. I'd still let 2 strokes in as the above championships do.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately the tiddler classes are in a real dilemma. 4-stroke technology is the future, especially with Honda ending their 2-banger program, but the costs are so much greater. So MotoGP is caught in the predicament of having to move forward but keep things affordable. That's where the 600's come in. I don't agree with the concept but I understand it. No-one makes 400's so there are much higher development costs on already stretched budgets versus hot-rodding existing 600cc engines in special racing chassis which would be much cheaper. Hopefully a 400/450cc formula can be arranged that can be cost effective, high level and hopefully remain competitive because if it comes to a question of deep pockets then Honda has everyone covered.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    No-one makes 400's so there are much higher development costs on already stretched budgets versus hot-rodding existing 600cc engines in special racing chassis which would be much cheaper.
    its cheaper if you have a 600cc engine to mod, Honda does but Aprilia and KTM dont so the costs for them will be the same
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, why not just make it an Aprilia 250 cup? KTM are never going to be supplying more than about 2-4 bikes anyway. The Japanese don't want anything to do with 2-strokes any more.
    The only way to make it a proper world championship with the Japanese involved is to have some kind of 4-strokes.
    Turning it into WSSGP seems daft, though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez
    Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. For many years I've been proud to be a fan of MotoGP, I could scoff in the faces of people talking about F1 and it's lack of interest by simply saying 'yeah but did you see the motorbikes?' Races were epic, passing moves audacious and boredom came only when.........well actually it never really materialised because it was so busy over at F1.

Then came 2007. New rules, new bikes, new riders. Rossi looking to regain his crown after being unceremoniously de-throned by someone best described as 'consistent'. All of a sudden I'm in a strange place, these previously amazing bikes are dull, lifeless and depressing. The same bloke wins every week, but not in the climb 6 places in two laps excite-mo way of Vale. No he just outshines everyone from the start. the world champion doesn't know how to ride his bike and the self-styled god of MotoGP is making mistakes, having problems and being completely uninteresting besides a supposed tax scam.

Worst of all I found myself saying something I never thought possible during the race at Misano, something so dreadful that I am ashamed to admit it. Something that previously only resided in the world of Alonso, Schumacher et al.....Several laps in the commentator said that 20 something laps remained and I turned to my father and said "oh god not another 20 laps of this".

it shocked me and quite frankly I want to know who has committed this outrage on the glorious world of MotoGP that has brought it down to the ugly level of tedium that is F1. I don't care if it's tyres, smaller capacity or an act of God himself, the person who has created this unspeakable evil must pay :

RANT OVER
    Oh no not another Krusty fan having a cry, boo hoo bring in control tyres its not fair boring is listening to winging when clown boy looses a few races
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Oh no not another Krusty fan having a cry, boo hoo bring in control tyres its not fair boring is listening to winging when clown boy looses a few races
    what does Adam Ferguson have to do with this
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...