Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. For many years I've been proud to be a fan of MotoGP, I could scoff in the faces of people talking about F1 and it's lack of interest by simply saying 'yeah but did you see the motorbikes?' Races were epic, passing moves audacious and boredom came only when.........well actually it never really materialised because it was so busy over at F1.

Then came 2007. New rules, new bikes, new riders. Rossi looking to regain his crown after being unceremoniously de-throned by someone best described as 'consistent'. All of a sudden I'm in a strange place, these previously amazing bikes are dull, lifeless and depressing. The same bloke wins every week, but not in the climb 6 places in two laps excite-mo way of Vale. No he just outshines everyone from the start. the world champion doesn't know how to ride his bike and the self-styled god of MotoGP is making mistakes, having problems and being completely uninteresting besides a supposed tax scam.

Worst of all I found myself saying something I never thought possible during the race at Misano, something so dreadful that I am ashamed to admit it. Something that previously only resided in the world of Alonso, Schumacher et al.....Several laps in the commentator said that 20 something laps remained and I turned to my father and said "oh god not another 20 laps of this".

it shocked me and quite frankly I want to know who has committed this outrage on the glorious world of MotoGP that has brought it down to the ugly level of tedium that is F1. I don't care if it's tyres, smaller capacity or an act of God himself, the person who has created this unspeakable evil must pay :

RANT OVER