There is no doubting that Valentino is a great rider but recently his complaining seems a bit excessive. He is second in the championship as he was last year and probably will almost definitely equal his worst top GP class position of 2nd. Yet he and his team make this out to be unfair as if it his divine right to be 1st. Success in MotoGP is a combination of the rider, bike, tyres and a bit of luck. No one can win all of the time.

This is what he said on the BBC website.

"Yamaha must change something," Rossi told Gazzetto dello Sport. "I prefer to do something else than race if I have to race like this.

"I don't think anyone likes the tyre situation. There's no battle any more."

First of all he should help Yamaha not criticise them and show he's a racer and not just there to pick up the glory of winning which he has done on more than his fair share on the number one bike of the best (or second best manufacturer). It also shows a lack of respect for the riders he races with by saying he'd rather do something else than be one of them rather than better than them.

The tyre complaints just sour grapes. The rules are the same for everyone. It seems Michelin used to make new tyres for the race based on Friday practice which they can't do anymore which was far more convenient being based in France rather than Japan. The current 31 tyre rule seems far more fair yet the Michelin teams especially Yamaha make the rules out to be unjust on the basis that it confuses the fans is not fair that they have a larger budget than Ducati and Suzuki yet lose in races etc... I just hope he isn't trying to hold MotoGP to ransom by saying he'll quit unless the tyre rules change...