Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So now we have two "Lurkers" who decide now is the time to start a new round of potshots.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey, ****** all the speculation and hate. why don't we just see what happens and what is going on in january. Then we can talk about the new and great season.

Both series need to shut up.

And i stand corrected, with TG probably going from 4 cars to 2 cars next year, then yeah, you are right, he doesnt have all the money in the world.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turn-In
    hey, ****** all the speculation and hate. why don't we just see what happens and what is going on in january. Then we can talk about the new and great season.

Both series need to shut up.

And i stand corrected, with TG probably going from 4 cars to 2 cars next year, then yeah, you are right, he doesnt have all the money in the world.

What, I though TG was taking his fleet of cars to Nascar? What happened about that? They were going to run a new Ford team. J/K.

This CCWS season still rocks. Fans are having fun, and the racing is better than what many thought it was going to be.
    What is Indy?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Dr. Jack, I agree with most of your post. I suppose I would agree if I could just get past the ugly race cars the IRL has and some of the dumbest races going at places like Chicagoland where they race in a big pack hoping like hell not to hit each other.

My antipathy for the man at 16th and Georgetown and his lies to create the IRL is well known, but I watch the 500 pretty much every year on TV, so there you go. I guess I would just have to adapt. That said, the spirit of what CART was, and what it stood for in the princples of what was happening was where my loyalties went. I never understood the reason for any of this, and to reward someone for that just never quite seemed right, but yes, I still will watch some IRL events. I am conflicted.

I am a race fan first and foremost, and enjoy racing in every form, including F1 to showroom stocks and Vees., so I will find other series. It just is a crime that what KK did was put the series back up, only to let it die through mismanagement and undercapitalization. Abandoning ovals, going overseas, poorly thought out ventures in street festivals, and putting so much money into the hardware of the sport while underfunding the marketing is just a waste.

Oh yes, one more point. Someone said the IRL is in as desparate shape without Honda as Champ Car is. Maybe, but I can tell you this much. Tony aint afraid to lose money for somehting he believes in. Gerry and Kevin obviously are. They blinked.....and you see the results this year. The arrogant attitude and the spin control is just a front for people who cant understand what they are trying to do here......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even if CC exploded tomorrow, I find the notion that IRL will pick up the pieces and make a good series - total fantasy. It just isnt good even if it is run more economically.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCWS77
    Even if CC exploded tomorrow, I find the notion that IRL will pick up the pieces and make a good series - total fantasy. It just isnt good even if it is run more economically.
    Not again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me the most painfull part is that up untill this season for me there was always something in CART/Champcar that could be seen as the savior for the serie. After the split CART had the manufacturers. When they left Pook came along with Ford/Cosworth and enough money in the bank to run a couple of years. When CART went bankrupt a couple of wealthy businessman were the saviors who were going to turn things around. Somewhere along this line the 'street festivals' was also the concept. When it was obvious that all this wasn't working we were 'sold' the idea that the dp01 was going to solve a lot of issues.

But after a season of low car counts, cancelled events and awful serie-management i just don't see anything that can be seen as 'savior'. The serie has no strategy, and at this moment i'm not even sure what market they are targeting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a new car, new events, revived Atlantics with the winner going to CC, tv contract,new teams,an engine manufacturer,that's quite an accomplishment in 4 years. Much more than the IRL has done in 12.

If a promoter doesn't put on a race, it doesn't take away anything from what the series has already achieved. Things need to be done ,absolutely.But its not the end of the world,or the IRL would fold without Michigan too. Maybe I'm not understanding that one race that never happened is outweighing all the good racing I saw this season.

See you in 2008.
    Champ Car Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you're just very optimistic. Which isn't a bad thing, but the writing has been on the wall for either series. CC isn't far from the IRL, but they are sinking a bit faster.
    Long live openwheel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speculation, speculation, speculation.

The racing in Champ Car has been good all year. The rain has contributed what some have considered great races. Al in all there were great improvement in Champ Car over the past 3 seasons.

Yes, yes there were some promoter issues that cancelled races. Developing promoter relationships and schedules take time. Everyone on these forums get on the Internet and love to spend money that is not there to spend and speculate on every Champ Car involvement from selecting the correct office toilet paper to firing everyone to questioning the standing starts.

It's not all that complicated when you stop turn on Race Director and enjoy the weekend.

Champ Car in 2008 will be better, not perfect by a long shot, but it will be better. Yes there probable will be a schedule that will not be perfect in some eyes and yes there may be changes and cancellations.

As long as Champ Car races in 2008, I for one will be a happy Champ Car race fan.