Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1270
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    IRL mandated the wheel tethers first, CART did the HANS first.
    It looks like CART and the IRL mandated wheel tethers at about the same time, although it appears from this article that the IRL announcement was a week after CARTs. F1 had already been using them for a year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mot...shes_response/
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I believe that is correct, but didn't the IRL use the other device (the name escapes me) at that time and then latter drop it for the HANS?
    An article I found had GM as one of the driving forces behind the HAN's device and they continued development in the IRL when they switched over from CART.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It appears from the story you're right. I knew it was very close. The CART incident at Michigan and the IRL incident at Charlotte caused both to adopt the F1 procedure. Gary, you're right about there being another one. All I can remember is that it, also, started with an "H" -- something like Hinchman. Different drivers favored each before the sanctioning bodies came to the conclusion that the HANS device was better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    It appears from the story you're right. I knew it was very close. The CART incident at Michigan and the IRL incident at Charlotte caused both to adopt the F1 procedure. Gary, you're right about there being another one. All I can remember is that it, also, started with an "H" -- something like Hinchman. Different drivers favored each before the sanctioning bodies came to the conclusion that the HANS device was better.
    IC, I think you guys are referring to the "Hutchins Device". Tony Stewart raised a bit of a stink about having to use restraints when they first came in, and when NASCAR compelled him to use one or the other, he chose Hutchins. I think he has since gone over to Hans which is now pretty much standard in
    F1, IndyCar, and NASCAR, to name a few.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    IC, I think you guys are referring to the "Hutchins Device". Tony Stewart raised a bit of a stink about having to use restraints when they first came in, and when NASCAR compelled him to use one or the other, he chose Hutchins. I think he has since gone over to Hans which is now pretty much standard in
    F1, IndyCar, and NASCAR, to name a few.

BINGO!!! That was the device!

Thanks,

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that even being used anymore?
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is now redundunt I think Chap.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Is that even being used anymore?

The "Hutchins Device", no I don't think so. I believe everyone has gone to the HANS instead.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    The "Hutchins Device", no I don't think so. I believe everyone has gone to the HANS instead.

Gary
    I think it was outlawed by NASC**.

Angry coolrunescape.com you can buy cheap, fast runescape gold about money making

what is the fastest way to make 1mil in runescape....http://www.coolrunescape.com/i am currently making 5k bow string which will get me about 500k but i don't know what to do after that.if u would like to look at my skills look at the highscores! plz help me.........!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.coolrunescape.com/index.htmlhttp://www.coolrunescape.com/RunescapeWell.. around 3-4 years ago when i heard about runescape from a friend i decided to go check it out, i created 'Chavforlife' lol, you may laugh but it's true, i have no idea what made me think of that name, but yeah.. runescape accountsBut anyway, since then i've only used this account but now it's got to the stage i actually really regret making this name in the first place, everyday my name get's commented by random player's, some "nice" comments suprisingly and some just pure hate which i understand ;p. But like with this name i'm forever getting judged, flamed when they have never actually spoken to me but meh.runescape cheatsWhat about you guy's, any of you regret making your runescape account name?