Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Leon Camier heavy crash

did anyone watch the bsb today, seen leon camier crash in race two? in slow mo, it look bad, more times you seen it worst it saw, looks like his broke his leg, get well soon leon
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It happened in race 2 - "There was half a second between Rea and Kiyonari when the Audi Safety Car intervened at half distance as marshals were scrambled to the aid of the luckless Camier who had crashed heavily after cresting the Mountain. The Bike Animal Honda rider was treated at the circuit for a broken left femur and dislocated knee before being airlifted to hospital in Lincoln."

He crashed in race 1 as well - it certainly wasn't his day. Hope he recovers quickly and without complication.

From http://mcnews.com.au/ in 'Late Braking News'.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's had a rod and pins fitted to the broken femur today. He also suffered a fracture to the right side of his pelvis

Wishing him a complete recovery

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    another thing is the worst bike crash we have ever seen? I think it is, its one of the worst I've ever seen. maybe somebody prove me wrong.
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was horrid to watch in slow motion, seeing the leg break there and then.

Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery - he's had an excellent debut season in BSB.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve Hislop had a bad one some years ago as a WSB wildcard - his body spun numerous times with head and legs impacting each time, was pretty hard to watch. I was hoping I wasn't watching his neck being broken...

Have not seen the Camier crash.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All the best to Leon. Sounds like a pretty sickening crash but then I guess it could be much worse that a broken leg too. At least he is young so will hopefully mend a bit quicker as well.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was a bad crash but not the worst I've seen.

Sadly I've been less than 20m from a fatal crash involving a crashed rider being hit by a following bike. The memory of this incident will unfortunately stay with me and hopefully I'll not see it's like again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Steve Hislop had a bad one some years ago as a WSB wildcard - his body spun numerous times with head and legs impacting each time, was pretty hard to watch. I was hoping I wasn't watching his neck being broken...

Have not seen the Camier crash.
    The Steve Hislop crash in World Supers at Brands Hatch did in fact fracture a bone in his neck, though he didn't find out until some more X-rays were taken a couple of weeks later to find out why he was still in so much pain. He rode a slow demo lap at his home British Superbike round the next week even though he could barely hold onto the bike, just because he didn't want to disappoint the fans. That's racers for you.

I thought the MotoGP crash at Catalunya a couple of years ago was horrible to watch, especially when Marco Melandri was just lying there not moving.