Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    That Skyline looks like a mess.

My advice - if you want a high performance track car that you can use on the road buy a kit-car. Most Lotus7 replicas will beat almost anything on the track.
    Therein lies the problem. Spent 20 thousand on modifying a 20 grand car to be fast and you could have just bought a Caterham 7 that's faster in the first place.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Therein lies the problem. Spent 20 thousand on modifying a 20 grand car to be fast and you could have just bought a Caterham 7 that's faster in the first place.
    And you can get a kit for less than £15,000
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

There are all sorts of insurance hoops you can jump through with kits too, which make them a much better deal, hp for hp.
    Speedqueens website is offline while I rehome it, but it will be back, and much bigger than before.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Im just picturing a Caterham with black tinted windows and a huge sound system right now..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The most I've ever done to 'individualise' a car was applying a twin white pinstrip down the side of my blue Cavalier and changing the standard L wheel trims for GLS ones hock: so I'm probably like most on here who will say why waste your money?

Personally I think the Skyine looks nasty, but then I'm not much of a fan of the car before it was modded either.

I worked with a guy who spent thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours on his Mk11 Fiesta. Tri-tone paint, full body kit, 2000watt stereo system, bean can exhaust systems, flashy wheels, balcked out windows, Playstation etc. It still had the standard 1.2l engine in it and would be out-done at a set of lights by a transit minibus full of builders.

He then got a call one day from his girlfriend to say she was pregnant, this meant that he had to sell the car to get something a bit more practical. He stuck ads in all the super dooper mags and eventually sold it for £3.5k, nowhere near what if had cost him.

Each to their own I say, it would be a boring world if we all did the same, and we;d have nothing to laugh and poke fun at if we didn't have all the 'people' with their little blue windscreen washers
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    That Skyline looks like a mess.

My advice - if you want a high performance track car that you can use on the road buy a kit-car. Most Lotus7 replicas will beat almost anything on the track.
    But you cant daily drive it unless you think flies taste nice whereas a tuned car doesn't have to have aircon etc removed

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    "Tuned" is there any other word which immediately turns me off a car or makes me "tune" out when someone is talking/posting

You can buy a windscreen for a Caterham 7 no problem at all
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, bathe in the car when the rain comes...
    Anti-american made non-american cars!youtube.com/watch?v=8paHICJZyE0

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoR34
    yeah, bathe in the car when the rain comes...
    Whatever turns you on. Personally I'd put the hood up.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Whatever turns you on. Personally I'd put the hood up.
    Strange that. Using a roof to keep the water out and all. Pretty silly idea I think