Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTCC Brands Hatch race

I have a question, could we see some of the top BTCC teams racing at Brands Hatch when the WTCC will come there ?
    after all both are S2000
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dick Bennetts said Team RAC might race, but that was in an interview a few months ago now. I imagine the teams will check how their budgets are looking after Knockhill and see if it's worth doing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry if it makes me look thick or plain slow to realise but I didn't know it was even possible!!

I know GR Asia run in both the BTCC and WTCC but not in the same way Team RAC may do at Brands Hatch in the WTCC. As far as I know it is people from the WTCC team but not the entire team lock stock and barrell. It isn't Emmett O'Brien, Tom Coronel and Maurizio Cressoli running in the BTCC. It isn't SEAT-Holland preparing Adam Jones' Toledo and/or Gavin Smith's Leon.

It astounds me the amount of stuff that is possible to happen in touring car racing. It seems anything is possible.

Is there anything that isn't possible to happen in touring car racing?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How is it not possible? Have you not noticed the guest cars in the WTCC this year, such as the Volvo in Sweden?
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    How is it not possible?
    I didn't know it was possible. I didn't say it wasn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Have you not noticed the guest cars in the WTCC this year, such as the Volvo in Sweden?
    Good point.

But I think at the time of their arrival, like with Golden Motors and Russian Bears Motorsport from the RTCC, it never really occoured to me at the time that they were entering because it was possible for teams from a series to enter another. I saw them as simply another team contesting a WTCC meeting

But I am actually looking forward to the future of the BTCC if the posibility of WTCC teams contesting BTCC rounds is there as much as BTCC teams contesting WTCC rounds. Obviously SEAT and Chevy couldn't enter for obvious reasons. Chevy aleady have a fellow GM owned company in the BTCC and SEAT already have a factory team in the series.

But do you think, or not, this switch could benifit the BTCC more than the WTCC? How would WSR do in the WTCC compared to say Exagon in the BTCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not only Volvo from the STCCn but also some other teams, Chevrolet customer team Maurer Motorsport done many WTCC from the German ADAC Procar S2000, also 2 Hondas Accord from the Russian touring car, the only country that not have teams wanting to do WTCC appearences is...Britain, I necer saw a single british team from BTCC doing world races
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    also 2 Hondas Accord from the Russian touring car,...
    Golden Motors; raced by Alexander Lvov and Andrey Smetsky. But their is also we all remember Russian Bears Motorsport who did Zandvoort and Valencia in BMW 320i's with Lev Fridman, Evgeny Zelanov and Viktor Shapovalov and basically was never seen again.

But I think I don't really constitute one meeting doing the WTCC/STCC/RTCC etc,. If I was a team boss I would seriously consider how much I would really learn from the series by doing only one meeting. I think I would have to notify whomever, or alternatively do whatever I would have to do, to notify my intentions in terms of time racing and say I am doing say three meetings.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For those of us who don't speak fluent SEATFreak - pardon?
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If that was your brand of humour please say so - I will understand.

But otherwise I would respect you a whole lot more and I would appreciate it far far more if you didn't reply all the time to me with sarcasm. Do you think I deserve it? And if so I would be facinated to know why?

I would also be far more appreciative if you tried saying saying to me, in cases where you don't understand something I said, "Could you please repeat what you just said SEATFreak? I didn't quite understand it.".

Could I ask as a matter of interest, do you talk to everyone like that?

In closing I hope you don't throw my words back in my face as you have done once before. I didn't verbally harange you. I considered every word and tried to be very respectful of you. I just wished you proved your nature can do the same to me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    But I think I don't really constitute one meeting doing the WTCC/STCC/RTCC etc,. If I was a team boss I would seriously consider how much I would really learn from the series by doing only one meeting. I think I would have to notify whomever, or alternatively do whatever I would have to do, to notify my intentions in terms of time racing and say I am doing say three meetings.
    I agree with Iain.. can you translate this please?