Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts

Re: Which manufacturer(s) would you like to see enter WRC?

I'd literally take any manufacturer willing to put money in for a factory effort.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    so just to be bringing back the topic, i would like to see Ford comeback,Peugeot and Subaru whenever....
    Ford is possible, in fact very likely. I seem to remember Gerrard Quinn stating that the TV and promotion has to be better for them to return.
    Peugeot are developing the 208 R5, but will they come back as a Factory team? To replace Citroen, if they eventually pull out? I can't see Subaru returning to the WRC top class - they don't have a suitable car. The BRZ could possibly run in the 2WD class.

As for others, well we know about Toyota. Opel is an interesting one - but I imagine going on history they would likely do the DTM before any WRC programme, but I hope I'm wrong.

I can't think of any others - mainly because either Rallying doesn't suit their image, or has no relevance to their road cars, I;e Nissan.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts

Didn't Opel/GM state that they would go as far as R5?

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    I'd literally take any manufacturer willing to put money in for a factory effort.
    Couldn't agree more

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Datsun SSS WRT

Toyota, Mercedes and Renault would be great to see! Be cool if a Chinese manufacturer entered, not sure how well that would go but

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

A Chinese manufacturer would be ideal, it would break that barrier to get a WRC round in China... but, really - I've heard from both national Chinese rallies and APRC Chinese round... it's another 3-4-5 years away from being well organised and managed compared to now. But going on car brands, there are a few brands out there that are being sold in Asian markets, Australia and NZ included. Does anyone know of Chinese car brands being sold in Europe?

The Dakar recently had a Chinese car/4WD manu come in, won the first Dakar stage of 2014! Wonder how the rest of the Dakar would have gone for them if they didn't have tech difficulties...

Now, which Chinese car company? It would sell the sport in China that is for sure!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    The Dakar recently had a Chinese car/4WD manu come in, won the first Dakar stage of 2014! Wonder how the rest of the Dakar would have gone for them if they didn't have tech difficulties...

Now, which Chinese car company? It would sell the sport in China that is for sure!
    The Haval SUV have raced for three years now in the Dakar! If I'm not mistaken, Carlos Sousa (the man behind the stage win) was 8th in the first time out and 7th last year. This year his team mate finished 8th too. But I don't think that they could aim much more than a 4th or 5th place. Afterall, the car is an old X-Raid X5 behind the chinese body.

Didn't hear anything about rally, but is a rumour going around that a Chinese brand will enter the WTCC this year.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1

The Haval SUV have raced for three years now in the Dakar! If I'm not mistaken, Carlos Sousa (the man behind the stage win) was 8th in the first time out and 7th last year. This year his team mate finished 8th too. But I don't think that they could aim much more than a 4th or 5th place. Afterall, the car is an old X-Raid X5 behind the chinese body.

Didn't hear anything about rally, but is a rumour going around that a Chinese brand will enter the WTCC this year.
    At the moment I can not see any sign that a Chinese car maker will enter WTCC.

In passed years there were few brand using down-spec s2000 car race in CTCC.

China is most posible host WRC envent in the future but it will be difficult for the local organization by now.

Running WRC or WTCC is more expensive than Darkar also there are few Chinese menufactures want to expend global auto market. So it's hardly to see a chinese team in WRC.

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga
    A few years ago Chinese car brand Brilliance announced imminent plans for a WTCC campaign, but it turned to be just a publicity stunt by some European importer of this premium-wannabe marque. All that remained was a fancy CGI :

I can't see any Chinese car manufacturer joining the WRC anytime soon. Their market is Chinese-oriented and the Chinese people aren't that interested in the WRC.

For people in developing (read 'poor') countries, an SUV is a status car, so it makes more sense for Chinese SUV manufacturers to target the Dakar Rally that nowdays takes place in the rapidly growing South American continent.
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/