Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Ok maybe they are not that into the tecnical side of it but if the could get more expert commentatory with Robert Reid ore some one else, Robbie Head when he's not doing the BRC maybe? Do anyone know what the radio crew do for a living don't think they make money on this do they?

It's Jakke Honkanen who is retiring rally radio was the first to know.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    It's true they might lack a bit of knowledge, but overall i think it's nice. I like Colin, and i wouldn't wanna miss the end of stage interviews and the chat. No doubt it could be better, but hey, it's free and way better than just watching splits.
    /peter

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    Ok maybe they are not that into the tecnical side of it but if the could get more expert commentatory with Robert Reid ore some one else, Robbie Head when he's not doing the BRC maybe? Do anyone know what the radio crew do for a living don't think they make money on this do they?

It's Jakke Honkanen who is retiring rally radio was the first to know.
    These people are employed to do the job. If my memory serves me correctly their original area of expertise is yacht racing They SHOULD get someone like Robbie Head who knows their stuff but they don't so they suck.

Christina. With all due respect considering your early posts on the forum about the WRC one could be forgiven for thinking that 3 years ago you didn't like the WRC and had never even seen a stage live?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have the choice not to listen to it Daniel then you wont get irritated

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Christina. With all due respect considering your early posts on the forum about the WRC one could be forgiven for thinking that 3 years ago you didn't like the WRC and had never even seen a stage live?
    What does that have to do with me liking rally radio and thinking that they do a good job? I'm confused.

Not everyone who listens to rally radio is an expert who has been following rally since it's creation. it's general, light entertainment with a bit of news.

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    When the radio was gone i didn't even bother whatching the rallys, fun siting 10hours alone infront of the computer, No!
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 580 Times in 212 Posts
    I don't see the problem with rally radio Mostly they know what they're talking about and get the latest news pretty quickly. Sure, most of the time I can tell what's happening on the stages by looking at the splits (whenever they work) and they take a while to get it, but on the whole I think it's a great service.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina
    What does that have to do with me liking rally radio and thinking that they do a good job? I'm confused.

Not everyone who listens to rally radio is an expert who has been following rally since it's creation. it's general, light entertainment with a bit of news.
    Knowing a thing or two about the subject kind of helps when deciding whether someone's doing a good job. It's only when you actually understand something (the WRC in this cas) that you see all the mistakes they make and so on.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    I like Collin's irrational comments about passing barges, the weather, time control official and the colour of their pens.

If there was live coverage on tv, I would still want to hear the crazy Scot carry on.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    When the radio was gone i didn't even bother whatching the rallys, fun siting 10hours alone infront of the computer, No!
    I would have thought the stagetimes and who was winning was interesting enough. If you don't care about who wins and the results and so on then perhaps you need to ask if you really like the WRC?