Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michael Andretti wants to race in Indy 500 again

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...612080432/1052

This is a couple of weeks old....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mikey...at some point you have to decide how long you want this to go on. I think you could win, but somehow I doubt it. It is your team, your choice and I know you are competitive, but sometimes, things are just not meant to be....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    AJ was 50 what when he finally called it quits at Indy? Mikey's got game left and plenty of Honda money to keep him in a competetive car, unlike AJ did in his twilight years of racing.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AJ was over the hill and should have retired by the mid 80s. While I'm not fan, I think Michael Andretti is still competitive, and should not have any problem running Indy for at least a couple more years.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    AJ was his own team owner, so he would drive until he couldn't fit in the car no more. Mikey would have more credability with me if he ran full time, but he wont do that. I guess I just hate seeing guys past their prime beating their heads against the wall, but I suppose if one "oldtimer" deserves to keep trying, it is Mikey. For one, he isn't 50 yet, and for two, no one has led more laps without being in front on lap 200. I just know last year watching Marco almost win by a whisker would have been something if he had held on. Mike cant win one, and Marco damned near pulled it off on the first go round. The kid does have the royal jelly...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    AJ was 50 what when he finally called it quits at Indy? Mikey's got game left and plenty of Honda money to keep him in a competetive car, unlike AJ did in his twilight years of racing.
    What Honda money?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCheat
    What Honda money?
    What I think he's refering to was, that it's generally thought that the teams that jumped to IRL with Honda in '03 received about 2-3 million per car and AGR was clearly the factory team with preferable treatment in engines. With Toyota's withdrawal last year, it appears that teams received equal teatment as far as Honda engine supply, but it's probable that AGR still receives some $ support from Honda.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Michael has every right to participate in the Indy 500. It is a good way to show that he is still competitive and even if he doesn't win it, it is still nice to see a legend out on the most famous race of the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    What I think he's refering to was, that it's generally thought that the teams that jumped to IRL with Honda in '03 received about 2-3 million per car and AGR was clearly the factory team with preferable treatment in engines. With Toyota's withdrawal last year, it appears that teams received equal teatment as far as Honda engine supply, but it's probable that AGR still receives some $ support from Honda.
    I'm no insider but when I see this team with four cars comprising 20% of the field it makes me sick and solidifies the assumption that Honda money is pouring into this team. There is no way in the wide world that this team is getting the sizeable sponsorship monies that is required to run a team this size and then satisfy the ego's that go along with it.
    Andretti should stay where he is. I'm no big fan of his and am fed up with the moaning and groaning about what he did and did not do. He did not win when he was in his prime as many drivers can sadly say. Get over it..move on.
    Derek Daly is da man!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    While I'm not fan, I think Michael Andretti is still competitive, and should not have any problem running Indy for at least a couple more years.
    +1. I think this is a big part of what the I500 is all about.
    Doug