Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1112
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If somebody knows link for interviews or has heard them in radio could he refer me?
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this win had utmost importanse mentally to Marcus - looking for whole championship.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Grönholm 2007 season: 5 wins, 3 seconds, 1 third
    Loeb 2007 season: 5 wins, 3 seconds, 1 third

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any comments by Loeb and Marcus?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only rumors Marcus was dancing on his roof.... in pure joy!

Godnight everyone, this was exciting... hopefully my heartrate will drop down soon so I can fall asleep... hehe! nore:
    Henning Solberg, World Rally Champion 2009... ;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah... Good day... 3 nights without sleep... Now I have to rest.
    Once again, congratulations, Marcus and Timo!!!
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    [quote="White Sauron"]Yeah... Good day... 3 nights without sleep... /QUOTE]

I don't know, we do this with most of the rallies. Know how you feel though. Good night to our European friends.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, he did! As soon as he found out, he was on the roof with arms raised (Petter Solberg style!)!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTiger
    Only rumors Marcus was dancing on his roof.... in pure joy!

Godnight everyone, this was exciting... hopefully my heartrate will drop down soon so I can fall asleep... hehe! nore:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

Marcus Grönholm wins closest battle in years
    New Zealand - SS 18 - 3.14 km
    [02/09/07 - 05:22]

Marcus Grönholm has emerged victorious in New Zealand on the very last stage of the rally after he and championship rival Sébastien Loeb entertained the fans with one of the most down-to-the-wire conclusions the WRC has known in a long time.

Elated with the win and jumping onto the roof of his Ford team car, the Finn breathed in the applause of the energised crowd.

"Fantastic! Very very good!" said the Finn in the seconds following his 30th career victory and fifth consecutive New Zealand win. When asked if it had been the race of his life, he answered "Maybe."

After several hundred kilometres of competition this week-end, Grönholm's win was accomplished with an overall advantage of only three thirds of a second. The last run over the Mystery Creek super special has become a very special moment of the World Rally Championship.

Sébastien Loeb, who won this super special stage with a time of 2'52"5, only 0'00"4 faster than Grönholm's second place, has been rewarded with the second step of the podium. It must be said that a victory for Loeb would have been as rightly deserved as it was for Grönholm.

The two works Subaru drivers still in the race came next, with Petter Solberg ahead of Chris Atkinson, followed by Stobart Ford driver Henning Solberg. Citroën's Dani Sordo and Ford's Mikko Hirvonen tied for the sixth spot.

Eighth place went to Jari-Matti Latvala at the controls of another Stobart Ford Focus. OMV Kronos Citroën's Manfred Stohl took ninth, followed by Luis Perez Companc who drove into tenth for the Munchi's Ford team.

After much excitement and pressure, Marcus Grönholm's victory in New Zealand was only 0'00"3 ahead of Sébastien Loeb. Mikko Hirvonen managed a safe third overall position without ever being really challenged for it. The other duel of this rally concluded with Chris Atkinson finishing 4.6 seconds ahead of Jari-Matti Latvala.

The World Rally Championship will resume in October in Spain, where the 12th of the 2007 season's 16 events will take place.

Daniel BASTIEN
    © CAPSIS International