Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts

Official Rally New Zealand Thread

Tought i should start this thread because i have some great news for you The "Eye In The Sky" is back this year.

Hi Tor Yes, we will have the "Eye in the Sky" this year.
    Kind regards Rally New Zealand

Hopefully they wil have a better line this year because it was a bit overloaded at times last year.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Well rally fever is cranking up in New Zealand. Will be good to see it around Hamilton for the second time. Weather here recently has been crap to say the least. Will be good though, less dust the better.

Roll on rally time!!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Shame i'm missing it! Passport delay problems!!! Not happy! I'll miss yu WRCfan
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Matt your hopeless!! missing a WRC event is unthinkable!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    think i might be missing it too, bugger. first time i wont be at the international for quite a few years

cannot get friday off work, and having had no work for about 7 months $$ is a little tight. i can always find money to go watch rallies, but dunno if i can afford traveling from wellington to only see about 4 stages

as an aside, i'm curious to know what were peoples impressions of the route as last year? (for those that who went). i thought the new roads they used were fantastic, but i didn't really like the midday service at mystry creek, there was a very long 3 hour gap between the morning and afternoon, and not nearly enough stages as a result. i was hoping they would use remote servicing on friday and saturday this year, and was a little bit surprised to find they weren't.
    i'm not so sure about just 2 special stages on friday morning and just the same 2 in the afternoon, and that being the day pretty much done. that didn't really work out spectating wise for us last year, what did others make of it?
    i reckon it would be neat to see stages like te papatapu and bridal veil in the mix again too if that were possible.

enjoy the rally for those that are going - i reckon i'll be suffering severe withdrawal symptoms as it gets closer (but do have the daybreaker to look forward to in 2 weeks)

cheers

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    who else is going?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last hurrah of the Lancer WRC, what a shame. I hope Aava will take a few points away.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I am looking forward to seeing the Lancer!! Fabulous looking cars! Im lucky to see Aava. Matt would be lucky too but HES NOT GOING!! (i can hear the steam whistling out his ears too).

Will be a good rally im sure. Hoping the marshall's are as lapse as least years were. Means we can wander up and down the roads for good spectating!
    Will be nice to see a field of 16 WRC cars if i remember correctly...

Roll on Rally NZ!!!
    WRCfan

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Last year it was a very interesting rally. Very good performances from Gronhölm and Pons, and remember Rossi? He did a prety clean run. Too bad he's not performing this season's rally.

It's one of the last places where Marcus can fight against Sèbastien. Loeb's the king of tarmac that's for sure, and despite having the Fords closer to the C4's performance, after Germany Gronhölm needs a good result if he wants to raise the championship cup in Wales. We should also take a look at Mikko Hirvonen and Chris Atkinson, both performed well in the past few years and they should have a fight for the last podium possition. I guess it's also a good chance for Petter Solberg to make a move, but you never know as we could see lately. Anyway, he sould make a great rally, as this is a place that he has domained in the past.

Go Marcus!! Teach em' how old school does it

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo
    Last year it was a very interesting rally. Very good performances from Gronhölm and Pons, and remember Rossi? He did a prety clean run. Too bad he's not performing this season's rally.
    It is logical, last year the MotoGP was already done for Rossi when he took part in Rally New Zealand. This year New Zealand is much earlier.