Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To the Max!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Given the it appears that the 07 GSXR1000 is not yet fully up to speed (as shown in national level SBK competitions -
    I know the Rizla Suzuki BSB team and the Yoshimura Suzuki Aus SBK team haven't produced many results (the AMA team is the exception, but they run under different rules and they are running a hybrid 06/07 bike...)

I think Max has done pretty well, and I'm enjoying his new attitude, which is much easy to take than the grumpy old pr*ck he was in motoGP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    I agree with you that GP needs to stop recycling old riders and give new riders chances. I just think that if Barros, Checa, KRjr, even Capirossi can get MotoGP rides, the Biaggi should also get one
    I fell the same about most of these riders even capirossi, hes had a terrible year, although i have been impressed by barros. He seems to have worked really hard since he first left gp's, even in wsbk last year when he had to work on his own developing the bike and even got a win. Maybe its the new ducati thats carrying him but i dont see hofmann putting in the same performances as barros.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    I think Max has done pretty well, and I'm enjoying his new attitude, which is much easy to take than the grumpy old pr*ck he was in motoGP
    Exactly!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    If Max gets another chance in MotoGP next year i wont watch it..
    Ok you're on!! $10.00, (I'm on a budget, have to pay for tickets to Phillip Island and Sepang this year), says you do watch!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    miraculous! you can do a lot of thing with the $10

Anyway, nothing changed on Max attitude, he is the same person as used to be, you might got provoked a lot about him :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Ok you're on!! $10.00, (I'm on a budget, have to pay for tickets to Phillip Island and Sepang this year), says you do watch!!
    Lol your right, but if/when Max appears on the screen ill cover my eyes ..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Max has acquitted himself pretty well this year. He's riding a number of circuits that are new to him on a bike that is totally different to the prototype bikes he's spent his career riding. For him to be a title contender (admittedly a very slim hope) suggests he could still be a force in GP's.

Look at Barros he took ages to get to grips with Superbikes and has got a few decent results in GP's since returning.

Realistically Max would only go back to GP's with a factory seat. That only leaves Kawasaki. Max would be a better option thank Loris in my opinion. He's shown he can adapt quickly unlike Loris who has floundered for most of 2007 on the new 800.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No I just dont think Max is one of the best in the world anymore.. The WSBK retirement village is where he belongs But seriously, he's had more than enough chances in 500cc/MotoGP in the past.

I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West) that are hungrier and havnt ever had the opportunity, gunning for the same seat.. Im still unhappy that Barros is in GP this year .. I hope he moves back to WSBK in 08 and stays there (besides one podium he's been pretty average) ..

Max can focus on winning a WSBK title over the next few years before retiring and maybe giving himself some consolation over the fact that he was never quite good enough to win a premier class one..
    I want Barros to end his career in MotoGP. He is a GP rider, not a superbike rider and I am sick of WSB being viewed as a MotoGP retirement village. Dovi will walk into a good ride but neither DeAngeles or Aoyama (the Hiroshi variety I assume you mean) have proved that they will do a better job than Barros and West has been overlooked for seats for riders of far lesser stature than Mr Bean.

Max I hope will stay in WSB now he is there (which is what I hoped for Barros last year) and retire within 1 to 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by burger
    Given the it appears that the 07 GSXR1000 is not yet fully up to speed (as shown in national level SBK competitions -
    I know the Rizla Suzuki BSB team and the Yoshimura Suzuki Aus SBK team haven't produced many results (the AMA team is the exception, but they run under different rules and they are running a hybrid 06/07 bike...)

I also reckon Max has done a good job but more than anything, his non-domination of the series just shows how good the quality of riders is in WSB. Troys Corser and Bayliss, Toseland and Haga having been riding superbikes for a long time so for Max to have to learn a different riding technique to his ingrained GP style was always going to take time.
    Also, the Zook is a good bike as witnessed in AMA particularly and it sits second in Australia and Japan. The Aussie team didn't get their 07 bikes til midway through the season and won on it's first weekend.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    miraculous! you can do a lot of thing with the $10

I can???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lol your right, but if/when Max appears on the screen ill cover my eyes ..
    Ok I'm going to trust you on this, as you seem to be a nice trustworthy person and with a name like ..The Jackal.. I had better be careful!!!