Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rifat Sungkar had his second worse race again this time. I know the co-driver change needs some adjustment since he didn't race worse than 4th with the former navigator.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Rifat Sungkar had his second worse race again this time. I know the co-driver change needs some adjustment since he didn't race worse than 4th with the former navigator.
    Rifat was back with Heru for Malaysia; Bill Hayes was brought in for Japan as Rifat and Heru didn't have any experience there. But they had been to Malaysia before, and I assume they will be back together for their home rally as well.

BTW, the MRFs all dropped out with diff problems; I've got an interview with on of the MRF team explainign what happened, and that will be part of the next APRC Live podcast.
    APRC Live - Asia-Pacific Rally Podcast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogBox
    Rifat was back with Heru for Malaysia; Bill Hayes was brought in for Japan as Rifat and Heru didn't have any experience there. But they had been to Malaysia before, and I assume they will be back together for their home rally as well.
    Thought Bill Hayes will permanently replace Heru, as navigation requirement standardized by SMI. If Malaysia round he's been with Heru again, Hayes might have been there because Rifat didn't have any experience in Japan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Thought Bill Hayes will permanently replace Heru, as navigation requirement standardized by SMI. If Malaysia round he's been with Heru again, Hayes might have been there because Rifat didn't have any experience in Japan.
    Off the top of my head I don't remember if it made it into the podcast, but when Rifat was interviewed in Japan, he said Bill and Heru would swap places depending on Bills availability (he was back with Dean Herridge for Rally South Australia on the weekend) and Herus experience at individual events.

So my guess is that Heru will be back for Indonesia, and possibly Bill for China. But that is only a guess.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah, Heru navigated Rifat in Malaysia. SMI policed Hayes there in Japan to make some tutorial to Rifat, and Rifat acknowledge he got valuable experience driving with Hayes and share the knowledge with Heru.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The audio podcast coverage for Rally Malaysia is finally available for downloading from the APRC Live web site.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ....And MotorImage have a short video of the event up at their web site.