Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    What is more, you don't have half the fans looking around the pits getting ready to squeal like kids when they see a NASCAR guy moonlighting. The ALMS fans are more hard core sports-car fans and love the cars as much as the drivers. IN Grand-Am, it is all about the drivers....

Sometimes a Cheeseburger is a lot of fun, but for me to spend the money, occasionally I just NEED a steak. Just wish it was bigger..
    the sound of the Corvette is worth the admission I don't like when other drivers have to come in for a popular series to try and bring in fans

besides the ALMS boasts some of the greatest racers in the world
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The Vette makes your ribcage rattle!!!

The R10 on the other hand, well if it isn't by itsself, you don't hear it at all.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    silent and deadly
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Lou Gigliotti will be in a Corvette with Stevenson Racing !

Lou was testing with a Crawford chassis Mustang team... but will be driving the Corvette # 57, in the 24 hour race.

Lou runs his own Corvette team in the Speed World Challenge Series and his business specializes in modifying Corvette's as well as supplying after market parts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Nearly all of them, at both races. I was at Sebring last year, and everyone I met was both interested and knowledgeable. The old theory was that it was just a place for drunken college kids on Spring Break just isn't true. If anything, the crowd skews a little older than the Petit LeMans.

Race crowds are a lot saner than they used to be. When I first started going to races (1972), they were wild. You'd show up in the morning, there'd be guys passed out in the mud. Anybody remember the bog at Watkins Glen? Guys would bring old beater cars and drive them thorough the bog. If they got stuck, somebody would set the car on fire. At the 1973 six hour/Can-Am, I think there were four burned out cars in the bog on Sunday morning. One year somebody stole a Greyhound bus and it got burned in the bog. The next year track management filled it in.

Have you been to a ALMS race for the pit walk? It's the most amazing thing. They open the pits for the pit walk and about 5000 people stream in. Everybody slowly walks by the cars for 15 or 20 minutes, then the announcement goes out to clear the grid. Everyone starts to leave, no fuss, no bother. It's the most well behaved large crowd I've ever seen.
    Great stories.

We had a bonfire at Laguna Seca in 2005, and every NASCAR race I've been to was pretty nuts...but in general people are pretty well behaved.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The Vette makes your ribcage rattle!!!

The R10 on the other hand, well if it isn't by itsself, you don't hear it at all.....
    The R8 was great the first year I saw it, before all the restrictions hit...but nothing compares to those Corvettes

Almost time for the 24...racing is getting near mokin:
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I missed those days.....but when a few of us T and S guys get drinking and camping up at Mosport, some joker usually starts the chant "THE BOG WANTS A BUS!" Of course we start laughing, because we are old and boring now...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Celebrate the start of the 2007 Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal Special Reserve Season and the 24 Hour Classic with a street party featuring race cars, drivers, autographs, merchandise and ticket giveaways.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 from 7-8 PM

Throughout this weekend’s race, Ruby Tuesday will stay open -- all 24 hours!

Ruby Tuesday
    1808 W. Int’l Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL