Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danske
    Calling the Daytona ticket office may or may not help. It's understandably very NASCAR-oriented and you may get someone who doesn't even know the Rolex 24 exists.
    they should always know, its the first race to kick off Speedweek. but I've been ashamed in GrandAm racing since, the style of Nascar came over, and the all run the most ugly cars in racing. I missed the good ol's days in the Rolex when they ran the Porsches, Jags, Lola's, Dallara's, BMW Prototypes were the same that ran in other Endurance races around the world.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

well unfortunately those days are gone forever like it or not.We now have what we have!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racefanfromnj
    well unfortunately those days are gone forever like it or not.We now have what we have!
    It`s a shame.... but at least the race attracts many racers from different series which makes it a great event in that regard.
    I went to my first Rolex this year and it was great...this year we may get Montoya?.
    Don`t taze me bro! :disturb:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    they should always know, its the first race to kick off Speedweek. but I've been ashamed in GrandAm racing since, the style of Nascar came over, and the all run the most ugly cars in racing. I missed the good ol's days in the Rolex when they ran the Porsches, Jags, Lola's, Dallara's, BMW Prototypes were the same that ran in other Endurance races around the world.
    YEP !!!

It's now "spec car" racing with a lot of NA$CAR drivers, to put fanny's in the seats. A few, like Tony Stewart can actually drive a road course. The Daytona/Rolex 24 Hour has lost it's International Flavor, not having the factory support from Ferrari, Porsche, etc. but it is competitive racing.

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun... weather permiting !

mokin:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thank you all for your valuable information. Is the Montoya rumor confirmed?
    I know Pruett, Wheldon and Dixon are in.
    I also wanted to see Danica but I think she pulled out from the event.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trumperZ06
    YEP !!!

It's now "spec car" racing . . . .
    Spec car??? There are a number of different cars as well as different engines, and can be used in different combinations.

If the whole field used the same car from the same manufacturer, and they all lined up at the "engine trailer" to get their standard "crate" engines without any modifications allowed, then that would be "spec car" racing.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes Danica pulled out and we have replaced her with Jr. JPM may drive the rolex 24.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daytona 24 vs 12H of Sebring, which race has the largest crowd ?
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sebring most likely,

every time I see pics from the Rolex 24 on this site, there is no one in the stands and they don't show how in the infield or garage
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D