Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leno
    Sorry i posted to fast: i cant imagine Solberg to drive another car. For me subaru+ solberg is the whole package
    well, a few days back he was crying because he had to. It's stupid to waste an propably good carreer in a car you cant win with if there is better possibilities.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tomi i completely agree with you. we need more drivers to fight for victory and rally will become more interesting-> Solberg can definetely helps
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For some time the Subaru's don't seem to have been too competitive, and they still don't seem particularly hot today. It seems to be a combination of the car, but also affecting Petter psychologically now.

I think if Atkinson pushed him a bit harder it would help...

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    if i would not be this lazy, i would dig up the tread about when this one was launched or the one before or before or.................
    Even DR admitted the car was fundementally flawed because a race car engineer did most of the design. They have got rid of those problems, but it will only be on the new car that we will see if those problems have really been sorted.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I feel sorry for his situation. He's a proven winner who now isn't winning any more, although he clearly still has the ability to.

Neither, you have to say, is Subaru's nondescript form doing anything to enhance the WRC as a whole, let alone Solberg's own performance. It's not good when one of the small number of manufacturers involved isn't really able to compete.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder if Prodrive's succesful application to run an F1 team has had an effect on the Subaru rally side of things...

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I wonder if Prodrive's succesful application to run an F1 team has had an effect on the Subaru rally side of things...
    I would imagine that the two operations are sufficiently separate for this not to be a problem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I would imagine that the two operations are sufficiently separate for this not to be a problem.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

A company like Prodrive can only do and start doing so many things so fast before projects suffer.

SWRT has suffered from Prodrives growth forcing new people to be hired, personnel re-located and re-tasked.

Its not just the F1 project, but also the Aston Martin effort.

You can look back and the more extensively involved in these types of projects Prodrive has become the more issues SWRT has had and the worse the car has become...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Wink my 2 cents

I totally blame Subaru, for the 3rd consecutive year they have failed to build/give a competitive car to Petter. And considering that we are talking about Subaru and not Skoda, Suzuki, Mitsu or Fiat it's too bad Petter still is a great driver me thinks
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think he is a great driver driving a pig of a car. That has to affect him somehow.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion: