Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Sutil in at Spyker

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56078

Sorry to say, but I know nothing about him
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OFFICIAL: Sutil to partner Albers at Spyker!

Seems Kolles got his way in the end - more quick Germans in F1...

http://www.f1racing.net/en/index.php

Sutil, 23 from Munich, Germany, drove three Grand Prix Friday`s for Spyker in 2006 while concentrating on winning the tough and prestigious Japanese F3 Championship for the Tom`s Toyota team. In 2005 Adrian was runner-up to Champion and ASM team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the European F3 series.

Destined to follow his Uruguayan-born father into a musical career, Adrian trained and practised as a concert pianist until he was 14: "when I discovered karting. From that moment on the sound of racing engines was the only music I wanted to hear. I really enjoyed being in the F1 Paddock this year", continued Adrian, "and to be honest I thought I would be a test driver in 2007. Colin Kolles and Michiel Mol have been fantastically patient and supportive while this package became reality. I look forward to repaying their faith in me but right now I`m just going to enjoy the best Christmas present ever."

Colin Kolles, Spyker F1 Team Principal: "This is a great signing for team but also a proud one for me personally. Adrian made his F3 debut with Team Kolles in 2004 and quite obviously had huge potential when he scored his first pole position in his third race. He has driven for two great teams since then and matured very quickly. Everyone at Spyker was hugely impressed when he drove for us in 2006 which is why we have worked long and hard to get him in the race team."
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Forgive for being cynical, but:
    Mol claimed that Sutil's long-term contract with the team was indicative of the team's commitment to F1.
    Long term contract??

What logic is there in that?? For someone who has proved nothing amidst drivers who should get their chance to get into the sport?

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56078

Sorry to say, but I know nothing about him
    Neither do I. Wonder if he will be any good
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Sutil has been pretty quick at friday free practice's, I remember him once putting his MF1 up to 12th or 13th in the rankings (or was it even 7th? ). And he has won Japanese F3 this year. I don't think he will be a weaker exchange to Monteiro, maybe even better.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sutil has been pretty quick at friday free practice's, I remember him once putting his MF1 up to 12th or 13th in the rankings (or was it even 7th? ). And he has won Japanese F3 this year. I don't think he will be a weaker exchange to Monteiro, maybe even better.
    But long-term contract??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Montagny did the same thing in arguably a worse car, but he only got a testing role. Shame, but I think Sutil is pretty good actually, I'm looking forward to seeing if Albers can match him.

I'm glad to see Monteiro out in a bizarre way. I didn't think he performed too well in 2006.
    Super Aguri Honda - "the two Japanese friends," Rubens Barrichello
    22. Takuma Sato :).....
    23. Anthony Davidson :up:.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck to Sutil, I hope he has a good year in 2007.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    But long-term contract??
    Makes sense, if he turns out to be a genious behind the wheel then a top team will have to buy out his contract, meaning Spyker get money from it.

Good decision IMO, he outperformed the Midland/Spyker drivers this year on the occasions he got into the car, and I believe they were the only times he has ever driven an F1 car. He's no superstar but he's one of these drivers that doesnt let his head go down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Germany have now four Formula 1 racedrivers Ralf Schumacher, Nick Heidfeld ,Nico Rosberg and Adrian Sutil(Thank you Spyker) !They also have two BMW testdrivers Timo Glock and Sebastian Vettel!

"The German Formula 1 Domination Tour 2007" can begin !!!

I like it !!!

The same thing then every year !!!!