Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ..and Turkington had been at WSR driving the MG for a number of years before that, so had more experience than Collard.

My point was that there is often more to a drivers performance than meets the eye. Yes, Collard had a disappointing year alongside Colin but you don't suddenly become a bad driver overnight. I don't know why he didn't do so well but it wasn't because of lack of talent.

As I say, he's an ex-independents champion. Rob Collard is worthy of his drive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    Autosport says the purchase from A-Tech is yet to complete, although I understand the team is due to test at Silverstone this Sunday.
    If they ain't got them from A-Tech yet.. they ain't going to be at Silverstone on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by dwracing23
    What do you think of it?
    Not any better than A-Tech did I fear!

But good luck to for trying.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tisme
    If they ain't got them from A-Tech yet.. they ain't going to be at Silverstone on Sunday!
    I was speaking to some of the team yesterday One car from A-tech is apparently ready to run so if they didn't paint it they could easily test this weekend if they receive it this week. The other will need a few days work.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apparently the cars are back in Italy and should be coming over here mid-next week.. still planning to be there at the season opener. (possibly a test at Brands a few days before race weekend, but I didn't think that was permitted!)

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Apparently the cars are back in Italy and should be coming over here mid-next week.. still planning to be there at the season opener. (possibly a test at Brands a few days before race weekend, but I didn't think that was permitted!)
    Are they not allowed to carry out a 50k shakedown or something like that if they want? I'm not sure, but didn't Neal & Kerry take advantage of that last season.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So they won't be at Silverstone on Sunday then!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not in the Alfas then! There was a plan for them to run the Sport Relief mile round the track though, might be quicker given those 156s reliability at time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim
    I dont think that means a thing. Remember, Turkington himself was way outclassed by Muller at VXR, but you dont hear people saying that Turkington has no talent as a result.

Collard is also an ex independants champion, so to say he hasn't got the talent is way off the mark.
    yeas collard is a previous independant champ, but at the time there werent any other that good drivers with good cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    yeas collard is a previous independant champ, but at the time there werent any other that good drivers with good cars.
    I can think of one in James Kaye in his Synchro Honda Civic.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes but kaye hardly set ther field a light did he!!!