Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Button 'throws his teddy out'

I don't know how true this story is, so please try and find a link before jumping down my throat about how wrong I am

This morning a friend told me he'd read in a UK newspaper (he couldn't remember which one) an interview with Jenson Button. A quote included the point that he didn't want to be in F1 if he couldn't drive a potential race winning car. His team had to improve a great deal or he was off next season.

Fair enough, I doubt any of the drivers would be happy in a heap of junk that had no chance. But threatening to leave if Honda don't deliver the goods?

Is it another case of rotten reporting or has Button set himself up for an easy way out if he's still crap next year?
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Well Hazel it makes not difference about the article or reporter. Button's ethics are on record. So you need only to look toward the end of the season. However Button's current problem is that all the potential winning seats are firmly taken. So perhaps Button better go to race car development school and learn that trade. Of he could always lobby for JV's return who was the only guy to make that sh!tbox go fast.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Short of getting Lewis Hamilton drunk at the Sports Personality of the Year bash then having compromising photos taken of him with a goat, I'd say Button's go no chance of that sweet drive, fousto :

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    ha ha ha specially a white goat!!
    Button needs to lobby for the removal of Nakamoron. F1 technology is a Brit game and if the japs want to train they should go to the irl or champcar.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Honda Dominates! IN IRL. Of course, they are the only engine, but they did drive Toy out, sort of.

Liked 1,096 Times in 609 Posts
    Yeah - the lead story at planet-f1.com is about Jense saying he will quit if Honda can't produce a podium winning car...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is he really saying he will quit, though?

Or is it a badly quoted item like usual?

Much as I dislike the weedy runt, I don't want to see him leave because the car's not fast enough. I want to see him sacked because he's not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Of he could always lobby for JV's return who was the only guy to make that sh!tbox go fast.
    Or get Honda to sign Kubica.

Well, it took him only 3 races to get a better result than Villenueve ever managed in the same car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    I don't want to see him leave because the car's not fast enough. I want to see him sacked because he's not good enough
    Even if he's sacked, hey will say he was made a scapegoat because the car was crap.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    See my sig line, you decide why.
    HINCHTOWN!!