Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's the door

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Well said Daniel.

And it's the same in every F1 Forum. People always talk about "it was ohh so good back then ... and it's ohhh so bad nowadays".
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, well said Daniel. I agree!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Sorry for the off-topic Guys...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn

Now, let's see how long this thread lasts with Pino-chet around.....
    And why would Pino-chet close this thread ? : I suggest you stop attacking me all the time, I am sure everyone has figured out how much you "love" me...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    WRC is good, WRC is fine, WRC never was so good as now. I don't know why we have so few top drivers running and why is being so dificult to raise money and why we had 3 manufacturers dropping in 2005.... If everything is fine and everybody is happy, why should we complain?

Ohhhh... sorry, we didn't had 3 manufacturers pulling out, and all the top drivers available are in a team without paying one cent... ahhh and it'sm easy to raise money. Everything was only a nightmare. Thank god that Daniel wake me
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I totally agree Daniel!
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the forum was open for oppinion and discussion. Anyway everyone can use the door, right?
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    There is a difference between words 'moaning', 'whining' etc and 'criticizing'. Of course we should avoid complaining, but it is often impossible to discuss without any reasoned criticism. Or how does Daniel interpret those words?

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Please keep this on-topic folks. This isn't a discussion about doors.

There is always a way to discuss something without moaning or whinging. Whilst there are a lot of very reasonable posts, I think it would do a lot of members the world of good if they improved their debating techniques without resorting to personal insults.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    WRC is good, WRC is fine, WRC never was so good as now. I don't know why we have so few top drivers running and why is being so dificult to raise money and why we had 3 manufacturers dropping in 2005.... If everything is fine and everybody is happy, why should we complain?

Ohhhh... sorry, we didn't had 3 manufacturers pulling out, and all the top drivers available are in a team without paying one cent... ahhh and it'sm easy to raise money. Everything was only a nightmare. Thank god that Daniel wake me
    I like many other people on this forum know this. I know that there are problems. We've discussed them in many threads over the last few years. The thing is we have Suzuki coming in and rumours say that yet another manufacturer is going to come in 2008 or so. Why are there 300 times more posts about how crap the WRC is rather than how good the WRC will be when things get back on track and Subaru are able to challenge for wins again? Because as J4mie puts it we have far to many Victor Meldrews out there who just want to talk about the negative side of the WRC. The thing is the WRC urinates quite successfully over all other international forms of motorsport. Why not enjoy the WRC as it is now rather than whining and complaining so that in the future when your little son asks "What did you think of Sebastien Loeb in 2007 when he took his 4th title en-route to taking 10 titles?" you don't have to reply "Sorry son. I was too busy complaining about Matt Wilson than actually noticing what was going on at the time"

Make sense?

P.S Jens. You have a point I simply lumbered all of those words together as they have a similar meaning Of course being a discussion forum there will always be things to discuss in a negative way but I simply ask that we don't go on and on and on and on about everything because it gets depressing and makes peope not want to visit anymore. If I didn't know any better I'd say that the WRC was at deaths door from what I've read on the forum over the last year or two. We've got Suzuki coming in, Ford and Citroen committed, Subaru coming back on Michelin's and people are saying that another manufacturer will dip their toe in the water in the next couple of years. If anything the upward swing has started and the WRC looks to be improving

I am glad that our moderators have allowed this thread to stay. It's not a joke, it's not a dig at anyone or fans of one particular driver. It's simply something which I've wanted to say for a while now. Pino. You do have to laugh at the Pino-Chet comment at least Good play on words even if you're not a military dictator
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I prefer to think that anyone who feels the need to moan, and I'm probably one of them, only does it because they care passionatley about the subject.

I'm quite happy to subscribe to the "it's better than no WRC at all" school of thought in these days of HSE and Enviromentalists but will be spending more time in 07 watching and hopefully competing again in Historic rallying than following the WRC.All this fascination with splits and watching cartoon cars on Virtual Spectator is somewhat alien to a "dinosaur" like me but am not going to throw my toys out of the pram and stomp off!