Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ISC needs to re-juvenate the television package in general anyway.

Maybe this will be the catalyst that would do it.

In 2006 we didn't have WRC here in the states so we took to downloading it from the internet so we had the english language Eurosport feeds. The shows were sub-par. There are way to many interviews, with not nearly enough time showing the action.

The quality of the broadcasts aren't all that great IMO so why should a network keep dishing out money. F1 broadcasts by comparison have far more production quaity from what I have seen...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    For people who can understand Welsh I can't!
    look up a guy name jamie edwards, he can translate for you
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    ISC needs to re-juvenate the television package in general anyway.

Maybe this will be the catalyst that would do it.

In 2006 we didn't have WRC here in the states so we took to downloading it from the internet so we had the english language Eurosport feeds. The shows were sub-par. There are way to many interviews, with not nearly enough time showing the action.

The quality of the broadcasts aren't all that great IMO so why should a network keep dishing out money. F1 broadcasts by comparison have far more production quaity from what I have seen...
    Yes. Quite right. Too much time is spent on showing the cars going around mediocre corners or on virtual spectator competing against other digital cars..... Very boring. I loved the days when you used to have good helicopter footage, good incar footage and good on stage footage. While I agree the F1 coverage shows better editing I still think the sport itself makes for less rivetting viewing
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

MJW
    For people who can understand Welsh I can't!
    Welsh? a significant portion of that show is in Finnish, (Marcus does seem to enjoy favoured status, and the drivers are interviewed in their own language)

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Its just the same boring routine every show and it is desperate for a re-vamp. I dont need to see reverse shots of drivers driving and shots from behind Manfred Stohl's seats etc. Helicopter shots are expensive but they truely lead to much better coverage.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Excuse my ignorance
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes. Quite right. Too much time is spent on showing the cars going around mediocre corners or on virtual spectator competing against other digital cars..... Very boring. I loved the days when you used to have good helicopter footage, good incar footage and good on stage footage. While I agree the F1 coverage shows better editing I still think the sport itself makes for less rivetting viewing
    Its impossible to coverage rally like F1, too expensive, F1 is in an open field, when rally is in a forest, they would have to change the sport too much, better with crap coverage than to destroy the sport.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Subtitles are available I believe on page 888 on Teletext I think, as I live on Merseyside I can get all the Welsh TV, so S4C is no problem, and Ralio is a great programme with enthusiastic presenters, especially the girl, who is very nice!!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Its impossible to coverage rally like F1, too expensive, F1 is in an open field, when rally is in a forest, they would have to change the sport too much, better with crap coverage than to destroy the sport.
    I agree. Something just seems to have changed in the last couple of years with the coverage. We used to have some damn sexy coverage and now it seems someone who doesn't seem to understand the sport has control of where the cameras are and what they do. There are far too many long shots of a corner in the distance and then the car comes into view, goes out of view and then comes into view in the foreground. All the while the camera doesn't move. It kind of gives the impression that the cars are doing a bit of sunday driving to me. Then there are the cameras they put on the road on corners which the cars hit and turn upside down. Then as someone just mentioned you have the reverse shots of drivers which seem to occupy an increasingly large amount of coverage and which also suck quite badly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Welsh? a significant portion of that show is in Finnish, (Marcus does seem to enjoy favoured status, and the drivers are interviewed in their own language)
    maybe we can rig a cable from your house to mine then
    Aja kovaa Pena.