Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Are ITV to pull the plug on WRC coverage??

It is reported today in Motorsport News that ITV are possibly thinking of pulling the plug on their coverage, instead it might go to one of the ITV digital channels. Can't say I'm surprised by this; no leading British driver challenging for wins, sometimes put on after midnight, no extra coverage for Rally GB,etc. Just somes up the state of the WRC in this country at the moment, any thoughts??

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I always watched it on Eurosport anyway. No big deal At least for me
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    It's the same coverage as Eurosport so it's not really a problem. Cant be great though having coverage pulled from two of the WRC's most popular countries in Finland and the UK. A bit scary how we are now relying on a channel that has its main focus on the IRC. A perilous position for WRC coverage!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont think eurosport are goin to show it next year, did they not say at the start of this year it would b there last???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I also get S4C. So I can watch the coverage in Welsh with English subtitles But I think that's still the same coverage as well.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I can get Ralio as well and I have digital. My point was that the WRC has sunk so low that it doesn't justify a place on terrestrial TV in UK. You couldn't imagine the same happening in F1 could you, imagine the outcry!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Looks like I might have to get out to a few more events next year as that will be the only way I'll be able to watch it lol!

Men and Motors show coverage still I think. Maybe if they could combine the AXN show and the regular coverage it could be something decent, and then show the ISC feed on the Sunday evening or something as a review of the rally.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I can get Ralio as well and I have digital. My point was that the WRC has sunk so low that it doesn't justify a place on terrestrial TV in UK. You couldn't imagine the same happening in F1 could you, imagine the outcry!
    Is that really the reason or has WRC outprized itself from terrestrial TV ?
    Another Flying Finn

MJW
    Who cares about ITV. Chanel 4 coverage was moronic, "here is a rock Penny, it can damage rally cars" then ITV's coverage is like taking a sleeping tablet. RALIO on S4C is how rallying programmes should be.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    For people who can understand Welsh I can't!