Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: BTCC Models

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No i dont mind.

Forty quid plus postage, erm three pounds for that. Bargain to be honest for a Minichamps Goldeneye BMW. I was lucky, it wasn't advertised under BTCC and didn't have many other bidders on it (eBay).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are there any resin 1/43 companies still around? It's a shame they don't produce models that aren't being produced by Minichamps/Sparks? They'll have their own clientele/market?
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No i dont think there are any resin companys about these days, well none that i am aware off and that could make BTCC replicas anyway.

Spark seem to be the best placed company, certainly Minichamps would have the ability, but it seems demand is not enough, otherwise they would surely build them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daz90
    No i dont think there are any resin companys about these days, well none that i am aware off and that could make BTCC replicas anyway.
    Actually, I forgot, there was that German company that produced the '00 BTCC Mondeos. OTOH, if this thread can be used as judge (IE: low response), I'm not sure if they will produce further 1/43 BTCC resins in the feature.
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The German company that made the 2000 Ford Mondeo is Tin Wizard and it can be bought at http://www.tinwizard.de and this was just a one off there are no plans to do any other cars unless the Mondeo sells well and then they might

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, i remember the old motorsport forums BTCC thread, someone said about that Mondeo model there.

If i remember rightly, it was quite expensive, depending on what stage of build you wanted to buy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.tinwizard.de/index2.php?SPR=E

Yep 209 Euros for the built and finished model. And it doesn't look all that good a quality.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As long as the moldings are good I'd go for the making it myself option! It will be the only way of getting this model at a reasonable price.
    Cleland is a legend. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have got 3 of the Mondeo models and whichever option you get the quality is excellant the photos on the website do'nt do it justice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG
    I have got 3 of the Mondeo models and whichever option you get the quality is excellant the photos on the website do'nt do it justice

That's great to know, what are they like on postage and how do they accept payment?

You say you have 3, does that mean they do all 3 drivers for that season or have you done your own decals for the other drivers?
    Cleland is a legend. :cool: