Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Kyriakides

Exclamation Mike Kyriakides

Hi

I'm posting this on behalf of Oli, who is 16 and is involed in Karting. He has just met a guy in Cyprus called Mike Kyriakides who claims to have been involved in Formula 1 racing. This Mike has promised Oli a number of things including 2 Karts and a van to keep them in. This all sounds too good to be true. Has anyone here heard of Mike Kyriades and can vouch for him? I need an answer very quickly. Please help
    Delia (Oli's Grandma)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    This all sounds too good to be true.
    I think that if you need to ask, you already know the answer.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Mike Kyriakides

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I think that if you need to ask, you already know the answer.

I just found out from my son that this 'Mike Kyriakides' test-drove Lotus cars.I've googled his name, but nothing has come up. So, yeah...I guess you're right - if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.
    But....if anyone knows anything about this guy..........?
    Delia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You might want to run this by the local police. Sounds funny to me.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Never heard of him! You might want to check the sex offender list in your area???
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A person named C. Kyriakides finished 2nd in the 1970 Cyprus rally driving a Mercedes, but that's as close as I can find.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Dear Grandma,

While this is not a karting forum, nevrtheless, I just don't want to see your grandson end up where he shouldn't. So go to this link, and you can ask for information from these people. http://www.karting.co.uk/

If you still need more guidance, I will contact, on your behalf, a good friend who brought his son up through the karting ranks to be an F1 driver.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Oh it's this thread again. Nice troll.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Is this the same troll that was posting a while ago about her daughter dating a guy that claimed he was a driver in F1? I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and I'll try to help.

The GM of Cyprus AA is called Takis Kyriakides, thats the only one I can think of.

I'm quite sure there never was a Cypriot involved in F1 as a driver (racer or tester)
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Remember that historically F1 races extended outside the World championship qualifiers, I can think of the British Aurora series, the South African National series and various other non championship races. Also, before BCE copyrighted the term. 'Formula 1' was also used for other series: stock cars in Britain, national series in Brazil and Argentina, etc.

Assuming this poster is genuine, which Mark and ChrisS appear to have doubts about, could MK have driven in one of these? I think it more probable that, if he exists, MK was a fringe player at Lotus - an employee in the factory who occasionally got to shake down a F3, FA or FF Lotus at Hethel and once sat in a F1 car to steer it when it was being pushed from A to B or something like that.

If this is a genuine query, it might be worth raising it on one of the more established forums where ex-Lotus employees are members.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.