Page 92 of 143 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I carry 2 CO2 canisters in my saddle bag with a spare tube, the only time I have had cause to use one so far i messed up and attached the valve adaptor while it was open and let most of the Co2 out, rendering it pretty much useless, hence why I now carry 2. No pump tho, just some tyre levers, Allen keys etc. It is much quicker and easier process than trying to get 80-100 psi into a tyre with a hand pump, less of an issue on an MTB. Worth noting the advice is to replace the Co2 with fresh air when you get hone, although I don't know what the science behind that advice is!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    I carry 2 CO2 canisters in my saddle bag with a spare tube, the only time I have had cause to use one so far i messed up and attached the valve adaptor while it was open and let most of the Co2 out, rendering it pretty much useless, hence why I now carry 2. No pump tho, just some tyre levers, Allen keys etc. It is much quicker and easier process than trying to get 80-100 psi into a tyre with a hand pump, less of an issue on an MTB. Worth noting the advice is to replace the Co2 with fresh air when you get hone, although I don't know what the science behind that advice is!

CO2 molecules are much smaller than those in air (which doesn't make sense to me but anyway), apparently CO2 will seep out of the tubes in a matter of about 24 hours, so if you fill up with CO2 then next weekend go to ride out, your tyres will be flat.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Sounds reasonable to me as an explanation,

Just completed the Perth City to Surf 12km run in 58mins, off the back of nothing more than a few runs, all less than 6km, and a lot of cycling. Feeling quite pleased with myself, but my calf muscles have gone on strike in protest and the unexpected distance (for them at least)

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Great North Ride was great. Must have been 1000 cyclists at the start. After a while the fast guys got ahead and the slow guys dropped back and it was great flying along with others on road bikes on a flattish course.

I normally do about 13-14mph average but did 18mph this time and saved 50 minutes off my best time for 50 miles!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Chicago was busy today. In addition to the Four Star ride I did there was the Wrigley Field Road Tour (100 miles) and a triathlon that completely ruined the lakefront path with gates and fences for the participants. And it was miserably hot (32 degrees) by noon.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Just completed the Perth City to Surf 12km run in 58mins, off the back of nothing more than a few runs, all less than 6km, and a lot of cycling. Feeling quite pleased with myself, but my calf muscles have gone on strike in protest and the unexpected distance (for them at least)
    Since you mentioned a lot of cycling, here's a trick that can help work your calf muscles more at the same time. Simply move your feet back on the pedals so the foot forward of the ball is on the pedal. You'll use a lot more calf muscle in that position, though it may overall hurt your pace if you are riding hard. I've noticed this just moving my feet around to give the sore areas a break.

As for me, almost 40 miles biking today on the BOMB. I think I should qualify for most miles on garbage equipment! Thirty miles mid day, then another 10 after dinner. If I had a decent light I could have done more easily this evening. I'm much more able to pull the higher ratios now after a couple months of some riding again and dealing with the wind better too. I think riding a fat tired bike with less ratios does actually have an up side of working harder to make distance or pace.

Cooler today and humidity was finally down to the 60% range. Rode to the oceanfront and enjoyed the trip, including being "stuck" behind a very fit roller blader with great legs. Should have gone earlier to enjoy the beach some, would have been a great day to watch the bikinis......errr... waves.

On a serious note... seems like half the bikers and joggers around here exercise to music, and zone out so bad it's almost dangerous to pass them. The ones not listening to music are almost as bad sometimes.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Out of curiosity I bought a new battery for my scale. I was surprised to find out that all this running I've been doing in the last few months is even more efficient than anticipated. I didn't really measured myself before but I estimate I've lost close to 10 kilos in 4 months.. so yeah... for anyone who still has doubts... running WORKS !!!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    Out of curiosity I bought a new battery for my scale. I was surprised to find out that all this running I've been doing in the last few months is even more efficient than anticipated. I didn't really measured myself before but I estimate I've lost close to 10 kilos in 4 months.. so yeah... for anyone who still has doubts... running WORKS !!!
    Well done, that is a good bit of weight to shed in such a period of time!

Long term the trick is to find the balance that works for you to keep that weight where you want it.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    Soon we'll be calling you Little Ben :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.