Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate hills, mainly because my bike is too heavy! Was supposed to do a 46 mile return trip along the Union Canal on Saturday, but we had to wait until lunchtime for the snow to go off. In the end we did a 26 mile return trip, which was good fun along the towpath, past the Falkirk wheel, then stopping at a pub for a quick snack before returning. The worst part was the hill up to my mate's house at the end! Currently looking at where I can go today. Endomondo says I've done 84 miles of walking and mountain biking this month.

It's definitely having an effect. Lost some weight and my legs feel fine the next day.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Well done Iain (and Mark). I have been invited to a five a side tomorrow evening after work which I fear will be quite painful Really need to get back into the cycling but still waiting for it to warm up a bit.

At least I bought a new set of brakes the other day, just need to fit them, probably on Sunday.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I'm hoping to get into things properly this year. As ever having time to do things is the issue as wife and child will always come first. But I can usually spare an hour in the evening/morning a couple of times a week and either Sunday mornings or ride somewhere to meet up. Can get quite a bit done in that time!

I've found that training for the likes of the ride I did on Sunday is a great motivation to get out of the house when normally you'd just think it's too cold!

Jamie - should be nice this weekend, not shorts weather yet but I'm considering going out wearing only 2 long sleeved jerseys instead of my usual 3!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Off to a rally on Saturday and will spend Sunday swearing at my bike while trying to change the brakes.... Gonna get a new bike through the cycle to work thing but not sure when I would get it, probably start of April.

But looks like I have joined a gym, so can see myself going there during the week particularly in the mornings. Getting discounted membership with work (knew they were good for something) and was thinking of swimming in Durham but this seems a lot more value. Again think it starts in April but might be able to negotiate a couple of weeks free before that with a bit of luck...

Plus I am in for the Great North Run

Admin
    You're getting cycle to work eh?! Wish we could. I've asked but been basically been told don't even bother because you'll go to a lot of hassle and then it'll get dismissed out of hand

What bike you getting then? Road bike?

Will get a proper mountain bike, plenty mountains to cycle over on my daily commute

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Finally managed to get out on the bike, the old one, first time since 4 months.
    Just a short ride, about 45 km. Averaged 25 km/h, started in the 28's finished in the 22's. Had to sleep 3 hours in the afternoon to recover.
    Hopefully the weather will improve soon and I can again go for 2 rides a week at least.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Admin
    My bike is currently in bits after being soundly beaten by a car.

As it goes; I wouldn't have been able to do any more cycling since last Monday anyway as the weather has turned back to mid winter again. Shame as the weekend before was really lovely.

I'm hoping that Direct Line will pull their finger out of their arse and process my claim so I can get back going again. Probably a week on Saturday -- weather permitting!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

You and Jalabert! Just that you were lucky and didn't end up in the hospital.
    If I may be curious, what happened?

Weather going bad around here also. It seams that some snow my yet be in the cards in the coming days.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

You are welcome to borrow my bike in the meantime Mark, I'm not using it!