Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm a little bored of the weights I do at the gym to tone up. I'm going to book myself into a power plate class and see if this recent celebrity fitness craze is any good. If the claims that 15 minutes on a power plate us like 60 minutes in the gym I might think about doing it on a more regular basis.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I'm a little bored of the weights I do at the gym to tone up. I'm going to book myself into a power plate class and see if this recent celebrity fitness craze is any good. If the claims that 15 minutes on a power plate us like 60 minutes in the gym I might think about doing it on a more regular basis.
    Do it! Post pics of before and after shots.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't think 60 minutes on a power plate will show any noticeable difference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Post pics anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Walking has really toned up my legs and bum which I'm pleased about- but I need to tone up my arms. I have some little weights for when I'm jogging or o my step machine, but other than the odd pilates I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping playing on the wii counts as exercise
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Post pics anyway.
    We just want to see your body!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Dunno why Jon, but I thought I'd post a picture anyway.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Garry has a good point about starting slow on the weights and perfecting your technique. I can't tell you how many times I've stepped into a gym with a guy benching 200lbs with smaller chest muscles than I. My bench is only 145-150lbs range, but I work the chest properly. One more thing, unless you want your arms to feel like lead the next day just take it easy and build up on weights.
    Well, the size of your chest muscles only is not enough to indicate how much you can bench. I have seen little guys bench 110 kg with ease (with proper technique and none of the lets arch our backs 20 cms off the bench crap) and guys much bigger struggle getting anywhere near that.

The exercises where so many people "cheat" and dont do them correctly are for example lateral pull downs and also anything to do with biceps.

How long have you benched for?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dunno why Jon, but I thought I'd post a picture anyway.
    You call that a picture?

Tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, the size of your chest muscles only is not enough to indicate how much you can bench. I have seen little guys bench 110 kg with ease (with proper technique and none of the lets arch our backs 20 cms off the bench crap) and guys much bigger struggle getting anywhere near that.

The exercises where so many people "cheat" and dont do them correctly are for example lateral pull downs and also anything to do with biceps.

How long have you benched for?
    I've been hitting the chest for the past 9 months. I found a few online videos from a professional body builder, Milos Sarcev, and have seen a big difference in my chest muscles.

If anyone is interested: http://thefitshow.tv/index.php?optio...son1&Itemid=69

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I've been trying to get into shape over the past year. I did a year of pusbike couriering and have lost a lot of weight. I'm quite pleased with my current weight (11-12 stone; about 6 foot tall.) My legs are in good shape from the cycling but I have been wanting to build muscle on my biceps. Thats were I lack big time.

I have a set of dumbells which I'm starting to use but don't really know how to approach it. I've been doing 30 reps on each arm with a 4.7kg weight. This is about as far as I can go without pushing myself to go uncomfortabely further. I don't want to injure myself early on! According to my brother, who has been lifting weights for a few years and used to do body-building, its important to work your tricep too. The bicep and tricep work in pairs so you need to build them evenly.

Has anyone any advice then?
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam